Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#439889 06/06/12 07:41 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Mmissing child in Cayo. Family is asking for help in searching for their daughter.

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS AROUND TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...

The girls name is Jasmin Lowe 5 feet in height, clear complexion, dark hair, speaks english and spanish, her dad is CChris lowe owner of Fruit A Plenty and her mom's name is Marisol who works at Maras beauty Salon. The child left her house yesterday Monday June 4h to do her nails with her mom and the child never reached her destination. if anybody knows aout her whreabouts kindly call the uncle at 6649517. Thank you all for your contribution.

UPDATE: In an interview via telephone, the father of the missing girl, Christopher Lowe says that Jasmine left home around 2 pm on Monday. He dispelled suggestions that the 13 year old may have run away with a boyfriend, saying that "she is not into boys." Jasmine Lowe is described as being of fair complexion stands 5 feet tall and has long wavy hair, reaching to the center of her back.

further update... the last known clothing that Jasmine was wearing is a black skirt and black top.

Jasmine may have entered a white taxi near the low-lying wooden bridge in Santa Elena.

R.I.P
She was found dead today, apparently was raped then killed... sad story..

Where did you get your info? I thought the police hadn't released details yet.

I am so sorry she was found dead.

I can't imagine how her family and friends are taking the news.

S
S
The tragic story is all over Facebook. It is truly heartbreaking!

https://www.facebook.com/ambergristoday

My point is there is no mention of foul play etc. None of that is in the media and the police aren't releasing details so I was curious where the info came from.

It may not be in "media" and the police may not release details but they talk to people who talk to people who talk to other people and so on. Details may be ragged but usually where there's smoke, there's fire. Nothing about BPD is competent or professional when it comes to an investigation.

I see what you are saying, but as a parent I have so much compassion for the family left behind and I feel that rather than speculation and posting rumors it might be better to post the official story provided by the family or officials rather than stories we hear on the street.

I believe that what you are saying is what a truly trained police force is prepared to do in heart-rending situations as this one. But that training is seriously lacking in Belize. BPD members are given uniforms and guns and told to catch criminals. With no foundation of understanding about the job and duties and first comes first and, first and foremost, empathy for innocent victims and their family members, the sensitivity element is far beyond the scope of such an ill-trained police force.

S
S
From the news:

"We are unable to say what degree of injuries, if any, may have caused the death of Jasmine. Due to the state that the body was in, we were unable to detect any obvious signs of violence. I believe that Jasmine may have been murdered, or kidnapped by someone she knew, and I say so because I do not believe that she would board a taxi, which was driven by a stranger, or go anywhere with someone who is unknown to her. From my own experience, having dealt with a number of dead bodies in the past, I believe that the time of death may have been sometime Monday night. And we also believe that she was murdered sometime Monday night, and the location where the body is at this, I do not believe that this is the area where she was murdered. We believe that she was murdered elsewhere, and dumped in that area. So, all of that will be confirmed by the doctor, as soon as he has conducted his post-mortem."

Based on that information any speculation as to cause of death is obviously just rumour.

Let's just hope the culprit is found and dealt with appropriately.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Is Jack Back?: 13 Year Old Girl Killed In Cayo 13 year old Jasmine Lowe, Girl Scout from Santa Elena in the Cayo district went missing on Monday - and the very worst fears were confirmed today when she was found dead a mile outside of Santa Elena Town in Cristo Rey village.

7news was at the scene and we spoke to her family, police and friends about her disappearance and death - here's the full story:

Jules Vasquez Reporting

Christopher Lowe - Father of the Deceased
"It's the worse news possible for any parent, that they found her but not how we were hoping."

They found her dead here at this farm in Cristo Rey Village where workers started smelling something rotting.

Senior Superintendent Chester Williams - Officer Commanding Cayo Division
"We got a call from a resident on Cristo Rey Road informing us that the body in an advance state of decomposition of a female has been discovered in a feeder road off the Cristo Rey Road, beside a farm. As a result of that information, the police visited the location where we confirmed that indeed a female child's body was in the area, in an advance state of decomposition."

She went missing on Monday where she was on her way to her mother's hairdresser's appointment.

Chistopher Lowe
"She is usually very intelligent at not jumping in any taxis, so she must have known the guy, and she should have crossed over the bridge, but she caught a taxi right in front of the supermarket, To The Max, by the bridge foot there. She was supposed to go up there to her mother's salon, to get her nails done and all that sort of thing. She wanted to look presentable at the Jubilee Valentine. She would usually cross the bridge and ride the Bullet Tree taxi, which is more direct that getting a ride by the bridge foot and going the opposite direction, circling all the way around. Even when I go to town - we live close by - I would walk before driving all the way around because it's quick and closer. So this just doesn't make any sense, and apparently, she talked to the person for a few minutes, either convincing her to be - at the end, I suspect. We don't know."

Whatever happened, she end up here dead, but police don't believe that she was killed here.

Senior Superintendent Chester Williams
"We are unable to say what degree of injuries, if any, may have caused the death of Jasmine. Due to the state that the body was in, we were unable to detect any obvious signs of violence. I believe that Jasmine may have been murdered, or kidnapped by someone she knew, and I say so because I do not believe that she would board a taxi, which was driven by a stranger, or go anywhere with someone who is unknown to her. From my own experience, having dealt with a number of dead bodies in the past, I believe that the time of death may have been sometime Monday night. And we also believe that she was murdered sometime Monday night, and the location where the body is at this, I do not believe that this is the area where she was murdered. We believe that she was murdered elsewhere, and dumped in that area. So, all of that will be confirmed by the doctor, as soon as he has conducted his post-mortem."

This afternoon, her parents had the awful task of identifying their dead teenaged daughter.

Christopher Lowe
"She's decomposed, so she didn't look like her to me, but her mother identified the dress that she just bought for her on Saturday."

Key in this investigation will be this white station wagon, seen in the upper left of this surveillance video.

Chester Williams
"My intension is to send the video for enhancement to see if we could pick up the license plate for the vehicle, as well as to be able to identify those who in the vehicle at the time. I do not want people believe that crime will be committed, and because the Belize Police Department doesn't have the capability, means that we will leave it at that. So, the US Embassy will be assisting us in trying to upgrade the video. It's a fairly good video just that we do not have the technology to zoom it in, that we will be able to identify the license plate of the vehicle, as well as those persons within the vehicle. The vehicle in question, as I said before is a white station wagon taxi. There are not many of them in San Ignacio, Benque Vejo, or Bullet Tree. Since Monday, we've brought in a number of these vehicles, and have interviewed the owners, eliminating them. But the one in particular that we are trying to find, we've been unable to do so. So we are hoping that with the enhancement of the vehicle, we'll be able to get a license plate number."

And now, the police department is hoping that the community will help them find this vehicle, and in so doing, help them to solve this horrible murder of 13 year-old Jasmine Lowe.

Kimo Jolly - Family Friend
"The first thing I heard was, 'Oh, she must have gone with a man.' That's the first thing that everyone was hurry to say. She is a little girl, who isn't that type of person any at all. All of us who know her know that this is not the case."

Miriam Ochaeta - Family Friend
"I've bought granola from that child at the market because she works with her enterprising father there. That is how I know this little girl, but she could have been my daughter too. It could have been anybody's daughter."

Christopher Lowe
"I left her out of school for this year, and I am happy because I spent all this time with her. We climbed Victoria Peak 3 weeks ago with tour guides. Everyone just loves her. She get's along with young people, old people; she is kind of tom boyish. She plays football, and she likes peas and carrots."

Suleny Lowe - Sister of Deceased
"We had a very close relationship, and the person who did this; I hope that they find out who it is. He took away my only sister, and I don't anyone else. And I loved her a lot, and I am going to miss her."

Chester Williams
"I would not say that Jack is back. Yes, it is an unfortunate incident, and as the police, we have to be concerned, and equally, we must do our best to give the community some degree of confidence that the police are doing the best that they can. And if Jack is back, as you may want to suggest, and if he is in my community, trust me, he won't last long."

Christopher Lowe
"I just know that God is just and the person will pay. I mean, everyone says that they're going to catch all of that. Let's get real; murder is the easiest thing to get away in Belize, sad but true. Don't get caught with a stick of weed; they'll send up. It's ridiculous, but you have to learn to forgive."

Important notes are that, first, she was found fully clothed and her clothing was intact.

Second, the family has been busy calling her phone - and her father tells us that a Spanish speaking woman answered and hung up. He surmises that the woman may have found the phone.

Third, a post mortem was conducted on site by Dr. Mario Estradabran this afternoon. Late this evening, the family took the remains to bury at their property in Bullett Tree.

We'll keep following this story and have more on it tomorrow...

Post Mortem On Jasmine Lowe...

And, before we close, we have an update to our headline story. Police Forensic Pathologist Dr. Mario Estradabran finished his post mortem on 13 year old Jasmine Lowe this evening at around 6:00.

He could not determine the cause of death due to the advanced state of decomposition. He did observe superficial wounds, but these would not have been enough to cause the death of the 13 year old.

As we noted earlier on, her remains were taken immediately to the family property for burial...

Channel 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,210
Posts500,046
Members20,485
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.