Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks so much for the suggestion, Kathy!

The Capricorn was our second choice for our wedding celebration dinner but we have spent so much time in e-mailing Mambo's (over a month) and trying to get the menu all sorted out that we are going to stick with them. (Not to mention that we are leaving on November 4th and I still have other wedding stuff to finalize.) [Linked Image]

BUT...we definitely are planning on going to Capricorn's. The menu looked awesome so maybe we can go there after the "wedding rehearsal." Yum!

J
J
For 25 people who will probably spend $35 per person with drinks $875. I would think the Marta Chica would send their boats to pick you up. We stayed at the Mata Chica and the food is good but better at Capricorn in my opinion. One of the problems we had when we stayed at the Chica is the water travel cost and the prevailing attitude that made us feel unless money is no object you weren't treated well. Restaurant is good but we ate mainly because it was $80. round trip for family of 4 just to go to town and eat. Just my 2 cents.

KC Offline
Joe,
I agree with you... I would think that Mata Chica would send their boat down for a party of that size. I'll bet it will be more than your estimate, if there are drinks involved.

One thing that I find puzzling on the island is the cost of the water taxi, and the apparent lack of competition to bring prices down. I hope that as more homes are built to the North, water taxi "competition" will happen. I know that boats, motors, maintenance, etc. cost bucks, but $60.00 an hour is a lot of money, even by U.S. standards. I know there are "down times" but whenever I have been there, the water taxi guys always got more calls while I was in the boat. They seemed to always be busy. Anyone have input about this?

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have been in contact with the restaurant manager and I did ask him if he would at least pick up half the tab of the boat ride as I am bringing a big party to him but he said that he cannot.

These are his exact words in the latest e-mail that he sent to me:

"We cannot afford, as I'm sure you can understand, to cover the cost of the
transportation of our dinner guests."

How far away is Capricorn from Ramon's and would we need to take a boat to get there? I will do a search on Capricorn to get everyone's opinion on that restaurant - the good and if any, the bad. Maybe we will change our minds if I can't find cheaper way to get to Mambo's.

KC Offline
try [email protected] (I looked it up on this website)

You may find the same response from Capricorn, I don't know. But it is worth a try. Capricorn does still require a boat ride, but it is not as far. It is South of Journey's End, which seems to be the point where water taxi's take a leap in pricing.

It just seems so odd to me that a restaurant would not consider working something out on the transportation to get 20-25 guests for dinner... unless they are booked full every night anyway. THEN I'd understand it.

I have been reading this board faithfully for a while now, and I have only heard one person say that he thought Capricorn's dinner was anything less than excellent. (And he didn't like any of the food on the island). If you can work out the transportation with Capricorn, you will be very glad you did. At the very least, the boat ride will be less $$$ because it is south of Journey's End.

Good luck.
Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
L
L
Have to agree that Capricorn was awesome. And the grounds were beautiful and peaceful. That would be my choice.

S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Okay, I have sent an e-mail to Capricorn to see what price they can give me for the roundtrip boat ride. Hopefully, it won't be so expensive and if it's not, then I will have to talk to my fiance' and go over their menu with him to see if we should switch.

The prices are quite similiar on the menus so it won't be like we are spending any more if we change restaurants. If we change, then the only thing is to try to get this all together before we leave on November 4th.

KC Offline
SCRIVIC -- OH OH!~ I see *STRESS" spelled all over your last post. Now, my last suggestion to you is this: STOP! Everything will work out all right! Don't worry about where you are going to take everyone to eat! (sorry about all of the !s) [Linked Image]

If you end up with take-out from Jambel Jerk Pit, or anywhere else... it will all be fine, and everyone will have a wonderful time... after all, they are on Ambergris Caye! Who can not have a good time?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] keep smilin'.

Kathy

S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Kathy, you are right! With less than three weeks before we leave and our wedding on November 10th, I think I am starting to get stressed!

But, that's okay...because with our wedding in Ambergris Caye it definitely will be worth it! And really, we don't have too much left to do...just trying to hammer out the transportation to the restaurant and some other little things. : )

Tammy

KC Offline
Tammy,

Good for you.
<pat pat>

Kathy, in her most motherly voice, with a hug and pat on the back. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.