Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
elbert #466251 06/09/13 08:51 AM
Please, Please, I'll do it!!!

elbert #466258 06/09/13 01:53 PM
B
B
Agreed with Elbert! Mexico Rocks IS very nice.

Like us for discounts and great Belize photographs https://www.facebook.com/BananaBeachResort
elbert #466262 06/09/13 03:05 PM
I'm relieved to say the least and excited for what it means to the lagoon...

T
Tom Offline
T
cool
Definately agree with Elbert and hope the designation comes soon. Love your trip ideas, Elbert. Sounds great. Love the area.
Kat

elbert #466374 06/11/13 06:40 AM
W
W
I agree that this would be great for tourism. A few question. Are the tickets to Hol Chan available to purchase in advance and are they date sensitive? I ask this because, living near the Mexico Rocks, I would hate to have to travel down to San Pedro just to get a ticket to snorkel there.

Originally Posted by elbert
New rumors have it that this might be the week!
The program has morphed into being an annex to Hol Chan, same rangers and same park ticket. Word on the street is the Cabinet will sign this week.
This will be a major biggie for the islands tourism and future of its environment.
I'm excited and trying to design a trip that will do Hol Chan/ Shark Ray in the morning and Mexico Rocks after lunch.
Maybe a beach BBQ lunch and make it a full day...lots of possibilities.

elbert #466393 06/11/13 02:54 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
WWIII, you might have a problem, I'm not sure how it will be handled by Hol Chan. Its my understanding that like Hol Chan your not allowed with out a licensed Tour Guide.Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I have to buy a special permit for each of my boats to go there and can't go with out a licences Tour Guide and not just one. I have to have one for every eight tourist and another for different activities such as diving and snorkeling.
So in theory If I have 12 tourist and 10 are snorkeling with two diving, I'm required to have three licensed tour guides in the water and my personal rule is never leave the boat unattended so I've got 4 paid professionals on a trip like that.
Tickets are sold in Bulk to Tour Operators for people they are sending with Guides.
You may have a problem.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #466396 06/11/13 07:14 PM
W
W
I guessed I should have explained myself better. This is Wes from 18 degrees north, and of course we have Ernesto. I was just worrying about having to go to town each time a guest wanted to snorkel @ Mexico Rocks. I think that you answered my question with the comment about bulk tickets. I was worried that like some parks here in the USA where there are daily limits on visitors and I was thinking that they were day of purchase only tickets.

Originally Posted by elbert
WWIII, you might have a problem, I'm not sure how it will be handled by Hol Chan. Its my understanding that like Hol Chan your not allowed with out a licensed Tour Guide.Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I have to buy a special permit for each of my boats to go there and can't go with out a licences Tour Guide and not just one. I have to have one for every eight tourist and another for different activities such as diving and snorkeling.
So in theory If I have 12 tourist and 10 are snorkeling with two diving, I'm required to have three licensed tour guides in the water and my personal rule is never leave the boat unattended so I've got 4 paid professionals on a trip like that.
Tickets are sold in Bulk to Tour Operators for people they are sending with Guides.
You may have a problem.

elbert #466400 06/11/13 08:13 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
They will open you an account and charge you monthly using a voucher system. Your rewarded with a few free tickets for a certain amount of volume.

White Sands Dive Shop
elbert #466401 06/11/13 08:15 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
The big win in this act of making a reserve is the mangroves and lagoon (wetlands protection)huge plus for the creatures that live on the island.

White Sands Dive Shop
elbert #466445 06/12/13 06:44 AM
P
P
So can a Belizean with their own boat not enter the Park without a Guide or ticket?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.