Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Does this work for tics?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Don't know Harriette, I've never had tics grin

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I not only have had tics, I've also had jerks!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
M
Nice, Harriette!!

All the ant bait recipes say you can use boric acid or borax acid.

http://www.ecologycenter.org/factsheets/ant_control.html

Set out ant bait stations near the ants' entry points and/or foraging trails, so that the ants find them quickly, ingest the bait, and carry it back to their nest, where they feed it to - and kill - the rest of the colony. Bait stations such as Drax, with liquid bait (borax or boric acid in sugar water), attract ants all year round, and the containers have been improved to make them more child- and pet-safe.
Bait stations with solid bait are convenient, because they can be placed under the edge of carpets or attached with double-sided tape to walls, but they're only attractive to ants in the late winter and early spring, when the foragers are looking for solid food to feed the hatching larvae-adult ants cannot digest solid food.

We recommend that the active ingredient in the bait be boric acid or borax, because these ingredients are the least toxic to mammals and because they work slowly, allowing the forager ants to spread it to the queens and through the colony, before the foragers themselves die.

If you can't find borax or boric acid bait in a local hardware or variety store, you can make it at home.

I would recommend caution and some additional google research on the use borates as a means of pest control in houses with pets and children before applying borate powders willy nilly about the house. If you can find Terro in any of its many forms it is an excellent product for sweet ants, not so much for grease ants. Borate powder is excellent for flea control on rugs and furniture but requires diligent attention to vacuuming up the excess so as to not cause harm.

Anything that will kick an ants ass will kick something elses ass as well.

We found Terro to be the best solution ever for the wee wee's and we used to order it online when we could not find it in Belize

S
S
I have mixed the Boric Acid in sugar syrup and placed in small / shallow cups. The ants are attracted to the sugar and crawl in to get to it. Seems to work pretty well - the ants get bad when it rains around here....

Terro and SnoopysMom are right on with ants. For cockroaches, mix boric acid and powdered creamer. We put it in the lids for 5 gallon water bottles and slide it under the stove, fridge, etc.

You will start seeing the dead guys in 24 hours, and they take it back to their homes so everyone gets killed.

Change your Latitude
Forget the Chemi's, from an unbelievable experience Which works...........I did this.............amazing positive result!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4550180_killing-ants-soap-water.html

C
C
Terro does the job with ants. Baytocal in a pump spray from prossors will kill ticks.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.