Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is not the road, they are just cleaning the beach. The road is still by the lagoon side and will be opened soon.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Sorry Tracker , this is the road and they are not making it Lagoon side. It has traffic and they have made it the same width as the rest of the road...and who cleans the Beach with a bulldozer?
They took out all the trees and ground vegetation. its the road but yes unofficially.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
You made me doubt myself a little so i walked it this morning and definitely they rerouted the road to the beach to avoid the low strip in the back and are not working on the real roadbed.

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
The San Pedro Town Council understands that from Journeys End north to before Indigo, what is the beach or the 66' reserve is being used as a "road." We know this is not the ideal scenario but this is what has been in use and what we have done ensures the safety of our residents and visitors who use that stretch of road. By doing this clearing we ensure that no one hides in the bush attempting to attack someone or that two vehicles crash while trying to use this "road." We did receive reports of suspicious people in the area so we went ahead with our project. We cleaned the beach area as it is a nice area and we plan to make it accessible to residents. We don't want to see golfcarts riding on the shorline and are working as best as we can and with the resources we have. We know that the road should be towards the lagoon side but up to where the council knows there is not a surveyed road that would connect from the road that leads to grand belize to las terrazas. Therefore we cannot go and work on an area where there is not a map. We know there are a few who will always criticize and not offer ideas or solutions as we know we our ideas are not always the best option and can always be enhanced. We are thankful to those who have helped in any way, who have called and are happy to work along with us in this project. We will not stop and will continue on. The council asks readers not to believe what everyone posts as many a times its always speculation. Feel free to contact us if you have a question or concern that affects you, tel 2262198 or 2262788 or [email protected]. The council will not be opening any road on the beach other than this one which is an existing "road." We will be opening the roads/ easements to the beach. We are working surveys and identification of the established road as we do not want to invest material, which costs much more than clearing on an area, that in the long run or later on is not the road. Remember "Rome was not built in a day!!!"

I'm glad you know that the area you're bulldozing as a road is being used as a road that makes a lot of sense. By the same logic I'm sure its practical to clear all the foliage 60 feet wide to keep bad guys from jumping out of the bushes at you as that has certainly been annoying. Likewise head on collisions has been on the incline. I guess I was just wrong thinking that the SPTB was being insensitive to the environment and is just using the path of least resistance to install the road when in fact it's the suspicious characters jumping out of the bushes and head on collisions along this golf cart path their considering.
If you need a map the Belize Telephone ltd. or Belize Electrical might loan you the one they used to install the corridor. There is also a copy of the master Plan online at ambergriscaye.com.

White Sands Dive Shop
I feel the heat and I am 3K miles away!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I bet you can smell the bull also.

White Sands Dive Shop
Originally Posted by elbert

YA, you Betcha!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Originally Posted by elbert

Thanks for speaking up, elbert. Shaking my head...

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
E
E
WHEW ! The smell of BS is strong even in Texas, and not the kind Im used to.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.