Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Unless your an expat in business on the island. Or an expat that cares about their own or others safety, because no one has ever been an inocent bystander and struck by a bullet. Or an expat that cares about their community and the direction it is heading.

Sigh...

S
S
Originally Posted by robvee
Its a lot sadder for the Belizeans, really doesnt impact a lot on the expat community.

Apparently you don't think like a true expat who has become part of this community and cares about every person on our island. We all need to come together and include everyone here.

L
L
"Sadder for Belizeans", not thinking like a "true expat"? Are you both kidding? Is there a dividing line for this in your minds? Guess so.

Truth be told, I think that anywhere in the world can expect this, no place is immune. People and population causes more probems. Crazy people and drugs everywhere. What does the Sandy Hook tragedy have to do with this incident?

Caring don't feed the cat.....anywhere...

R
R
Im feel sad for any person who loses their life to a criminal act, i was just tring to point out that as expats we have no say in how this country is run or policed. Laurie you are totally correct No place is immune , hence my comment about Sandy Hook

Actually, as an expat, you could have a lot of influence on the island.

S
S
"i was just tring to point out that as expats we have no say in how this country is run or policed"

I have voted in every single election since I arrived in this country. I do have a say.

Every single event on this island good or bad affects every single person.

I was not born here, nor was I born in Canada which is where most people assume I'm from. As far as I'm concerned I'm not an expat either, you can consider yourself an expat or a local, your choice.

S
S
LaurieMar: You're having a problem with reading comprehension.... I said clearly that we are all one here.
We all can have a say in what happens....

R
R
Simon Most expats dont have the right to vote. If i was allowed to vote i most certainly would. As an American resident i couldnt vote, but i took a very active role in my small community. Wherevere ive lived ive always taken an interest in all that goes on around me.

L
L
SP Daily: Sorry, Jessie, you are having a problem understanding my response. All one there or here or anywhere is not possible, If it was, we all wouldn't have all the problems we have, anywhere at anytime in the world. Just doing the logic. Enjoy your Sunday...

About 5 years ago I ran into a local young lady that I had enjoyed daily contact with for over a year so I knew her pretty well. She had gotten married and had a baby and moved away from town core. When I asked her what she was doing and her response was "collecting rent for my dads apartments. I collect once a week and especially like the drug dealers as they always pay cash and pay on time."
I was shocked. Her dad is a respected member of the community.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,210
Posts500,046
Members20,485
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.