Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Feeling "safe on your own" is a very subjective state, anywhere in the world. I know some folks that think I am crazy for traveling solo to some of the countries I have been. I know others that think completely opposite. I know and have heard of people who have been robbed in Belize and I know others that have never had a problem after multiple trips (including myself, so far).

Sometimes, if I am traveling solo and know I may be out and about on an adventure somewhere, I simply tell the hotel where I am going. I also may send a text to a family member at home to let them know what my plans are. It's a great safety net in case the unexpected happens.

I also avoid telling strangers, however nice and innocent they may seem to be, that I am traveling alone or where I am staying.

Last edited by LaurieMar; 01/24/14 05:56 PM.
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you all for your quick replies, especially cleanhead and lauriemar for your lengthy reply with helpful information. I am definitely going to make the trip at some point in the near future.

Last edited by Heather Cumming; 01/25/14 10:36 AM.
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you all for your quick replies. I am definitely going to make the trip to explore the island.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.