Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I'd like to do comparison between this draft and the one implemented in 2005. Is anyone able to point me to a site where i can see that one? Thanks in advance.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I think this thread deserves a Bump.
The Nation setting standards for the SCUBA industry to live by could have a very big effect on the income of all of us.
I'm in favor of this effort and it has potential to be extremely beneficial, but like all laws it needs to be carefully drafted or it can do harm as well as good. If you're reading the news you already know Belize has made a few laws in haste and hurt itself unwittingly. It's just a natural hazard of making rules, and the reason the process needs to be slow and carefully thought out.
I think everyone would agree the purpose of this effort is to make the industry safe and therefor attract business.
The danger I see is in making irrelevant and unnecessarily difficult standards, consequently driving away business.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Agree with Elbert - and the comments about such laws applies to most areas of business these days.
Decisions are often made without consideration of the ripple effect - the integration of all parts of the puzzle for a win-win situation.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
When I was told the BTB was trying to set Standards for the industry I was pleased and I still think this is a very good thing but they are proposing in this draft standards for the industry that are higher than a PADI 5 Star Facility and I'm afraid it will end up on a shelf somewhere unrealized.
Hopefully this isn't it's final form.

White Sands Dive Shop
This will probably be filed right along with the Master Plan for the island.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
You mean in area 51?

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.