Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
S
S
Road to MX... shopping malls... golf courses...

careful what you joke about.

5-10 years ago I would not have thought I'd have to pull over to the side of the road (or any road) behind Blue Reef to let a tractor trailer sized dump truck thunder by.

You are all like a pack of wolves attacking poor Corona Steve. sure he wants to get top Dollar for his properties that he paid near to nothing for (as a foreigner), sure he does't contribute (correct me if I'm wrong, Steve) to our economy or anything and he wants to profit from our tax contributions. But his ideas will develop our Island! He knows what needs to be done. I think all land owners or undeveloped land should pay for the road, just like in other countries around the world. SPTB, please divide the bill amongst those that have undeveloped land along this road, Corona has got 8!

Live and let live
C
C
First things first, yes I own 8 lots along the power lines , and paid a fair price for them, did not steal them, and have paid my taxes each year on them, and also have 2 second row lots. Time they spent some of that money on the North. My lots are behind the Brightwaters Resort.
The road is also ecential to not only new development but also the people who have invested millions in resorts up north.
The North will be the premeere of the island sometime in the future.Just hope we keep the whole thing a low key, enjoyable destination.

M
M
In what country are "investors" guaranteed, or even owed a return on their investment. It was your choice and theirs to buy property, build, whatever, where they did with no road. It's no ones responsibility to put a road in for you or anyone else. Buy at your own risk. I purchased a radar gun, and have clocked NUMEROUS vehicles going 30, 40 even 50+ miles per hour on this stupid deathtrap. Now they say they can't issue tickets without having signs posted. Well...why didn't they get all of their ducks in a row before they decided to plow ahead. With that said, why didn't they go through any kind of approval process, conduct community meetings with those that would be impacted (both positively and negatively), rather than just say "we can do whatever we want", and plow ahead. Why were the homes on the front lots of Tres Cocos not impacted. I can promise you if the "road" would have gone behind their houses, and stinky, loud, dump trucks, backhoes and other construction equipment (driving FAR TOO FAST), along with racing taxis, motorcycles, cars and truck, and even the occasional golf cart were flying along behind their houses, something would have been done by now. And, just like that area remains right now, a road would have never been put in to begin with. I can't tell you how many near hits and actual hits we've already seen and heard here. But hey, as long as the "people who have invested millions" get what they what, screw everyone else. (Oh, and before you say it, I know, I know...it's just progress. How could I forget that brilliant, totally unflawed logic.) Pathetic.

C
C
Maya House, When you bought, built, or whatever you did.
Not sure who you are, but were you promised that there would be no road.
Some times people do not want any change. Do you have power to your place from the power lines. What did you think the bridge was a mistake. You rambled a lot , but could not figure of what you want or don't want.
And yes I did buy as investment with hopes of change, and growth from all I have read prior to buying.
I would gather most people think this is a good thing, and maybe read a few past post. I see more approving than not.
P.S., has you property gone up in value

M
M
That would imply you think I care about my property value. Just because it's what you care about, you apparently think everyone else does as well.

Same old stuff... The typical feeling is "I moved here because it was great; now it's changing; prices are going up; too many golf carts... I got mine; no more change" Yes; I was going to ask the same question... is the North Bridge good or bad. If you are "settled" south, the bridge will lead to further development (bad). If you live north; it's a good thing as is the road (to most).The island is very desirable and will continue to be developed... a simple fact.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
M
M
I have a right to my opinion, and to state it here just like everyone else has done...a simple fact.

OP Offline
This thread was meant for a factual report on a physical road????
Sorry neighbors, but the hijack is not helpful.

If the politicians had a true interest in reasonable development they would have signed off on and enforced a MASTER PLAN. I have a neighbor who (every once in a while) threatens to open a pig farm next to ______ (fill in the blank). Right now there is nothing to stop him from doing exactly that. Have you ever smelled a pig farm?

So, since there are no restrictions we seem to be turning our area into Tres Cocos Farms. The sounds of the roosters should help deafen the noise of the race track.

AND - NO - some of our property values have actually gone down. The 'luxury' house I just finished building is probably worth about half of what I could have gotten if it were not for the noisey, dangerous road. AND YES - many of us liked the pull ferry. Kinda like the old covered bridges the New England people cherish.

Diane - Sorry about our silliness - we do get carried away

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.