Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
It's still there but dry and manageable.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
I'm heading to Sapphire Beach tomorrow (12/30) Been there quite a few times over the past 3/4 years and know how unpredictable the road that far North can be for a golf cart. Can anyone provide an update as to whether it's passable on a golf cart at present?

You'll be fine up to just past Mata Chica and then the tide will come into play. IMHO it's too tough a ride to be practical. Coastal Express has extended it's service and I have guest going back and forth from Sapphire using Coastal combined with the boat service Sapphire provides.

White Sands Dive Shop
Is it possible to take a cart to Rojo Beach bar or should I just do the Water Taxi?
I've never been past Ak Bols on a cart.
Coming down early Feb.

Rojo is good.
The biggest problem area is just a little North of Mata Chica , about 200 feet of road that is technically lagoon.

White Sands Dive Shop
B
B
Thanks For the advice Elbert!

Hows the feeway doing, any good news?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
Muddy where it's not paved, excellent where it is paved.
Reef village area is fine now, Tres Cocos is a mess with work and detours and the puddles by Capricorn are a challenge.
Mata Grande road is also a big puddle, but passable. Some well intentioned but poorly executed patching has made problems in two areas. One is behind Iguana House were lots of seagrass was used as fill and now is a morass of mush about a foot deep. Passable, but don't slow down as you go though. The big trucks have ground this up even more than carts would have done. The other areas are a couple of mata grande road puddles where construction debris was tossed, unfortunately being large chunks of stuff that can fracture an axel. Go very slow and you will make it through. Wish the person who did that would come back with a sledge hammer and break this stuff up.

R
R
I talked to one of the guys about a week ago and he said that the area that isn't complete to the bridge will be done in 8 weeks. They are doing very well but had a minor set back the last few days but are off and running today.

They were out of gravel and couldn't land any yesterday because another barge had trouble getting to the dock and was blocking the way until that got sorted out. All is good now.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
I've just come back from town and saw the homemade speed bump at the bridge. There have been two accidents on it so far. Its a large diameter PVC pipe just at the curve after the North side of the bridge. The PVC is slick and wet so if you hit it at an angle your going down. Some people have already been hurt. Sliding on concrete makes a real mess of a person. The guys in traffic say they don't know who put it up but neither did they say it was going to be removed. Heads up on the North side of the bridge. Homemade speed bumps are popping up. Grand Caribe also has some but they are rope. North of Tres Cocos are 2X4's stretched across the road.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.