Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
OP Offline
The PVC sounds awful - has town board been informed so that somebody can remove it?

It's gone this morning and so are the 2X4s in the Tress Cocos area but the big heavy ropes are still running across the road at Grand Caribe.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Ahh. The Power.

No the power is with those that keep their speeds bumps and tell traffic to [#%!] off

Last edited by elbert; 01/16/15 02:34 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
That's what I meant.

C
C
I don't know that speed bumps work like you think they do . If you go over them fast enough there not that effective ( see Myth busters ) . Tourists don't care about them on rented carts . mostly you hear squealing brakes and tires . Then the motors racing to get back up to speed . so the sand on the road is ground to dust . not to mention the plume of exhaust .

HERE IN northern California the town of Livermore has wide speed bumps on all main roads. These are much like the ones in Mexico. Believe me - if they are high enough and wide enough speeders will hit them at full speed only once. The speed bumps can not be things attached to the pavement - these just get broken up. Maybe we can all pour our own speed bumps - ha ha ha - probably not.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
D
Personally I think the speed bumps are warranted. The speeds are crazy down there. Installed as part of the original project would have been better.

DC

C
C
I have read this whole thread, but still a bit confused about where the road north has been paved (or laid with concrete). Is the new road being laid in separate parts (the worst spots first), or did they start at the north end of town and are moving north?

We are coming back to Belizean Shores in April...just wondering if the usual muddy, bumpy ride to town will still be waiting for us.

R
R
By April you will be pleasantly surprised and your ride will not be bumpy except for an occasional speed bump on the concrete.

There is one side left to do from about Pirates Treasure heading north to where the road turns to go up the Lagoon side. (which is near where the house on the Lagoon which flies the French Flag is. The back road to the turn that goes to the Palapa Bar is about 1/3 done on both sides. The way they are going the whole stretch from where they started up North to the bridge will be complete in about a month.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.