Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
The trouble with progress is it progresses.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
The funny thing is, to me at least, that I ride my bike up there for exercise and I haven't run into any issues with taxis. However Gringos on Polarises (Polari?) and four wheelers are a whole other story. The worst offenders seem to live at the location with the most "speed bumps".

C
C
Money !! Harriette . Start off with vehicles that are used for a profit ( Like Cart rental , Trucks for delivery , Taxies or even anything with a speedometer Ext ..)Possibly convince the town to raise the permit fee 4x with a option to pay the same fee if they prove the top speed of the vehicle is not above a acceptable limit . A good use of that radar gun. the police department will then have to get involved with the process and be aware of the actual vehicles on the roads . Also a good time to give them a safety evaluation . we all know some of those trucks are not road worthy . That might Be an incentive to install a speed limiter to the Vehicle .

D
D
How far north has the road been completed?

Dawn Schick
No extensions yet but a lot of attention to the bad spot behind Capricorn. looks like it's about to be paved. Someone ran the grader all the way up to Journeys End but stopped there.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I find it humorous that everyone expects the police department to do anything. Keep living in your paradise with your head in the sand.

Carrotttop - what happened to you?

Expecting the police to do anything about the traffic is out of the question - The town council has the traffic wardens. Expecting them to do anything is like having a deadbeat owing me money. I don't expect them to pay but I don't forget that they owe it and remind them from time to time. I don't hold my breath in either case.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
I see them packing up their gear and loading it onto a barge including the cement truck. Except for some concrete cutting for what must be expansion joints I believe the job is complete to Belizean Shores.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
So you really want radar guns, regular cops and tickets.... I thought that's what we ran away from... Just a thought.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
I's not what I ran away from it's what I ran too - a quiet, peaceful tropical life.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.