Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
D
D
Thanks for the update!

Last edited by dschick; 04/26/15 01:58 PM.

Dawn Schick
B
B
Here are pictures and the quarry! There is SO MUCH GOING ON UP THERE! Bring a bandana to tie around your face.

[Linked Image]
Holy moly! http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2015/04/road-north-ambergris-caye-big-changes.html

P
PDS Offline
P
[Linked Image]

C
C
Well it has been over 10 years since I talked about the Great Corona Freeway going north, finally it is happening.
If I could spend the money and make signs to put up calling it the Corona Freeway, I would.
This is a long time coming, and will make a GREAT difference for the North.
I own 8 lots in Habraneros along the power lines, which means road front property.
Maybe I will still enjoy a increase in value after all these years.
Corona Steve
Keep it going all the way to the proposed bridge into Mexico.

The second phase of the Ambergris Caye northern road, consisting of a total of three miles, has commenced. Work on the project, which is being executed by Romel Burgess of RGB Construction, will take place from Canary Coves to Belizean Shores Resort. Once the first part of phase two is completed, the road will be concreted.

"We are doing the initial works which is the first part of phase two of the project. We are opening the road and putting a hardcore foundation so that when we begin concreting, it is strong," indicated Mayor of San Pedro Town Daniel Guerrero. As such, the road is widening and in some areas, they have been opening sections of the designated northern Ambergris Caye road. The road will run parallel to the electrical high-tension wire. "We want the people to use the road so that the material can settle better," added Guerrero.

Sections of the three-mile stretch are being elevated in an effort to bring the road to one level. According to Guerrero, phase two of the project is part of a wider plan of the San Pedro Town Council (SPTC) and the Government of Belize (GOB). That plan is to pave the northern road from the Sir Barry Bowen Bridge in the Boca del Rio Area to Blue Reef Resort.

"We believe that the road should be ready for concreting by the end of year. That is around the time that we expect the Belize Water Service water expansion should start. Once they begin putting down their pipes, we will proceed with paving the road," indicated Guerrero. The cost of paving each mile is estimated at over $1 million.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Originally Posted by Corona Steve
Well it has been over 10 years since I talked about the Great Corona Freeway going north, finally it is happening.
If I could spend the money and make signs to put up calling it the Corona Freeway, I would.
I own 8 lots in Habraneros along the power lines, which means road front property.
Corona Steve

Not true Corona Steve you get on the forum about every year you and talk about this hallucination of yours.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
Originally Posted by Corona Steve
Corona Steve

I guess it depends how old you are?
Keep waiting Mr. Steve ;-)

DC

Yes Steve if your young enough you may see Mars colonized and maybe even the road go all the way to Mexico.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
don't forget the monorail!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
What about the golf course and shopping mall?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.