Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Why was my post removed Marty? Hits too close to home!! Why not let the timeshare people know when they're hiring a crooked lawyer or did you get paid to remove it.

Carrottop, you've been bitter for awhile. Your posts were respectful at first, lately they have been getting more and more mean. To suggest I was paid to remove a post is laughable, it has never happened once in the 20+ years I've been doing this, and never will. If you just want to rant and insult folks take it somewhere else, please.

W
W
Hi there, I just wondered if you ever had any success in getting your timeshare at BB reinstated. I have tried many ways to correct the situation. I just returned from San Pedro and had a meeting with Franco, then Lee and then finally the elusive Lillian. My story is too long to go into except that I did not receive the letter of rescission last March, and only discovered the problem in Sept/ 17 when I tried to book my weeks.

My talks with the employees went no where with upper mgmt, that is IF Lillian actually forwarded my complaint to them. A lawyer in Belize City wants $1500. usd just to look at the contract and papers/communication. Not quite wiling to go that route on my own, probably just throwing more money away.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Wendy Gainsborough
[email protected]

W
W
Something is fishy. I've been an every other year timeshare owner at Banyan Bay since 2009 and never had any problems in 2009, 2011,2013, or 2015. They usually emailed me the updated Maintenance Fees Billing around November of each of those years, which I paid by credit card promptly. This month, they just sent me a notice that my timeshare has been rescinded because of failure to make timely payment of three consecutive payments.

Did you contact them directly to let them know that they have made a mistake?

B
B
Are you still an owner and part of the recent ‘buy-out’?

B
B
Is everyone here still a timeshare owner and part of the new ‘buy-out’? It said there are 54 owners left and with the sale of the last unit the proceeds will be split by said owners. About $7,000 each.

1- we own the timeshare for 93 years.
2- we all bought at different times and likely different costs.
3- there were 4 timeshare units we all used but this is based on only one? There were 2 units available in June when I was there.
4- section 7.1 specifically states that the CLUB guarantees us to always have availability for the occupation of the unit and shall confirm reservations requested on the weeks agree, if, and when confirmed use of the unit is done in the terms and conditions indicated here under.
5- Section 13 frown paraphrasing) the club may resend this contract without need for a previous court sentence or sue for the forceful compliance of the same in the following cases;

failure to make a timely payment of three or more consecutive installments; failure to make timely payment on the due date; failure by member to meet requirements, and any subsequent bylaws that may come into affect which the member has had do you notice; failure by the member to observe any clauses, and or provisions of the bylaws, or by further laws that may come into affect for which he has notice of for the use of the unit or breach are the same.

Last edited by Boondockmom; 10/08/23 12:47 PM. Reason: Include pertinent info
W
W
I am in the same boat and have similar questions that Lillian keeps deflecting

Our TS gets sold to the holding company of Alia and we lose our TS property? and we should just accept this? No thanks. here is my most recent email that I sent to the "Member Representitive" Dainne Davidson.....who is the HR person for Alaia!!

I will message there lawyer in the thread and see what information he might have, too!

In March of 2006 we entered into a timeshare agreement with THE VILLAS AT BANYAN BAY. The duration of the contract was for 94 years. We contracted for “every other year” or 47 visits. Up to the present day we have used The Villas at Banyan Bay 8 times.

We have been told by Lillian Chuc in an email that Banyan Bay has been sold. Our contract as attached has “The Club” in breach for failure to provide a unit to occupy. Furthermore, “The Club” has also broken the contract when it informed us (again via email from Lillian Chuc ) that our unit could not have more than 4 persons occupying it. Our contract calls for 6 persons maximum. Nowhere in the contact is a sale of the property addressed. This is to the detriment of “The Club” as they were the author of the contract.

As per clause 14.3.2 highlighted below and any other pertinent clause, we are owed for the “Amounts that we contributed that have not been spent to occupy the unit”. We are also owed a 20% penalty as per the same clause.

Here are my calculations

Paid $10,104 USD
Paid for 47 club uses and only used 8. Owed for 39 visits to “The Club”
$10,104 / 47 = $214.98USD per visit. $214.98 X 39 unused visits = $8384.17USD unused portion due to me
Penalty for default of the “Club” obligations to the “Member” 20% of purchase price. $10,104 X 20% = $2020.80
Total due to me is $8,384.17 USD + $2,020.80 USD = $10,404.97 USD

As per the contract, “The Club” has 15 days to make payment in full. As the member representative I trust that you will ensure compliance in this matter. I am available via email for request for banking information and to close out the contract.

J
J
Agree with above recent threads on Alaia's attempt to take away our timeshare for $5400. We purchased Jan 2007 for $20,500 an every other week for week 51 or Christmas week. We have used 8/47 sIo I feel that we still have $17,010 owed us. I understand your calculation and perhaps yours is more appropriate. In either case, I have consulted a local attorney to see if I have any legal options.

If there are 54 owners in this situation, I would be interested if we could start a class action lawsuit against Alaia on our behalf.

I agree that contract holds the Club liable as they have breached the agreement.

Will let all know if our attorney feels we have any opportunity in this international law situation.

W
W
Hi jjcdomba

very interested in hearing any information about Banyan Bay that you are able to find out!

Darren
[email protected]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.