Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#525902 09/17/17 04:47 PM
OP Offline
I am hoping that you can helpl direct me in the best way for getting the word out...someone suggested I post on the Ambergris Caye forum...
I am a single, mature digital marketing consultant, fluent in Spanish and culturally tuned in after living in Venezuela for more than 15 years as a missionary. I love animals, just in case you have fur or feather babies that need care, do not smoke, chew, or go with guys who do. Clean, organized and respectful. I am a nature and bird fan, especially parrots, as well as a Calligraphy Mixed Media artist. Available for housesitting or affordably rentable 1-2 bedroom starting July 15th 2018. ( must have internet access) Please message me on FB to begin the conversation.

Last edited by salt-light; 09/19/17 06:16 PM. Reason: Eliminate URL's

Kellie Moeller
Actually this is illegal for you to do in Belize. Your passport will be stamped no volunteer work while in Belize. Will you get caught? Probably not but it is illegal if that matters to you!

dabunk #525915 09/18/17 11:00 PM
OP Offline
dabunk, can you please explain why it is illegal to stay in someone's house? Is it because there is no pay involved? Just curious to know more.

Kellie Moeller
It is considered volunteer working that could be done by a Belizean. It is part of law here that is different from many countries. Even with no pay it is considered volunteering. When we first arrived we did volunteered teaching English in the prison. Immigration made us stop until we had our residency.

"staying in someone's house"and helping watch the house and pets - if you are a friend or a relative who might be there anyway on holiday isn't going to get you into trouble at all - but you are looking for a position, and in fact are advertising as part of a professional network

when you supply services (watch a house and pets) in exchange for benefits (free rent) you are performing a job-service and you are being compensated - and for that you need a work-permit.

might want to get a work permit - see if you can start your own "house sitting" business and do it legally
you would have a full year's permit, would have a start on residency ......

People from countries with large populations are used to a casual economy with under the table deals, cash pay without reporting, visiting foreigners working certain kinds of jobs ......... and on their home turf there are few, if any consequences. Belize isn't like that. We have a tiny population, high unemployment rate, high underemployment rate .... and lots of visitors who already have "enough" money who "need something to do" who just might not understand the impact of their "free services" on the ability of a poor person to earn a living.
Please - what we need badly is people who make jobs, not take jobs. Come down with a business idea that employs one or two people - if you don't need to earn a living so be it ...... work for free as the boss, that would be the best kind of volunteering you could do. This is a sincere idea, not sarcasm.

Much truth there Diane, you turn a phrase much better than I!

OP Offline
Actually, I love that idea! Since I own my own Marketing consultant business, I would love to train people in Social Media marketing and that would benefit the workforce. Thank you for the great input! I appreciate understanding more fully the requirements.

Kellie Moeller
There is great need in Belize to train our youths in real world needed opportunities. You would be a real blessing in that way! Thank you!

OK ...... the next thing you do is .......
1. make a brief business plan outline
2. assemble a CV with an emphasis on the business above
3. Come to Belize and apply for a "Self-Employment" permit.
4. Get permit, start the business and train wonderful, intelligent and eager people.
5. Get happy and stay a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.