Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54322 06/24/02 01:23 AM
KC Offline
Yes, the space bags are great. Zip lock bags are almost as good, though, and cheap. Their size is the most limiting factor.

Jane, it's not in the dictionary, but that's ok... "coined" words are acceptable, as long as you spell them right. [Linked Image]

Hope -- POLICE???????

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#54323 06/24/02 01:39 AM
Elly, I always take my "outfits". I've never regretted making the room for them. However, I do suggest you try to limit it somewhat. I bring along 4 sarongs because they fold up into nothing and I can wear them on the boat, on the beach and when I stop into Fido's or Cholo's for an after diving Belikin. Actually, it is not really considered appropriate by the locals to be wearing your bathing suit and a sarong on the streets when you are shopping, etc. But doesn't seem to be quite as big a deal if you are just stopping in for a drink after diving at a *beach* bar. Do you have any cotton sleeveless button front shirts? They are perfect for slipping over your bathing suit (with sarong or shorts) and looking acceptable. Also, quite cool for dinner, etc.

I always take 5 pairs of shorts and end up wearing my two favorite pairs all the time. So keep that in mind.

Don't take any T-shirts that are of heavier cotton. Tooooo hot!

Tank tops and spagetti strap tops and slip type dresses are the best. As for sandals, you'll want sandals that you can dance in but will also walk in the sand, so no strappy high heeled things. Tiva-like sandals will get the most use.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54324 06/24/02 08:06 AM
V
V
elly..just keep wittleing away at that suitcase problem...i am trying also but i seem to be getting nowhere!!! yes...even i agree that 16 pair of shorts might be a little much. as for the zip lock bags...they are great for everything. especially your sunscreen,lotion etc. thing that can explode in your bag...something always does with the pressure on the plane. plus that last swim you get in before you leave,you can stuff that soaking wet swimsuit in one before jumping on the plane home. my friend want us to just get the hell out of here and shut up!!!! it will be worse when we get back and brag...they will still want me to shut up!!!!!we are out of here tomorrow morning...spending the night in dallas with my sister...see yall promptly at noon on wed.....last ones there have to buy the first drinks at jets..(knowing me, it will probably be us!!!)

#54325 06/24/02 09:33 AM
Note that when LEAVING Belize, in most cases your luggage will be hand searched. That is, the luggage you are going to check is searched before you check it. Your carry-ons are also subject to search as you go through the X-ray machines and as you board the airplane, but not everyone's carry-ons are searched.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#54326 06/24/02 09:45 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks for the encouragement girls (Boy's are ok, but they don't really understand). I am making some progress. I have a stack of four items I have taken out so far. I think, with some real effort, I will be able to swing the one bag plus my carry on.

Love the idea about the air bags, but if I spend one more penny before I actually leave for this trip I am not going to have any left to have fun!

Been shopping to kill the time. And for some reason everything in the stores looks like something I could use on my trip.

You know. . . cute new beach bag, then those great sandals. And ooh, are those sundresses on sale. Hey, look at that swimsuit, and those wraps. Snorkel/Mask, and of course soft case to carry in. New sunglasses (old are not sufficient now!) Oh, look at those great bathroom totes. . . and so on and so on.

I'm Bad!

No fair aboout getting there on time. I am at the mercy of AA!

Can't wait to meet everyone.

#54327 06/24/02 02:10 PM
I'm returning to St Louis on July 3rd, and I'm travelling just like my hero Dr William J Elmer. NO LUGGAGE, PERIOD!!!

Gone fishing!!
#54328 06/24/02 02:14 PM
We took everyone's advice and just took one bag each. Having just returned, I'd even take less next time.

You really can go anywhere in shorts and a tshirt.

Luggage is no big deal on the way down but is a bit of a hastle coming home through customs. Carryon was the way to go!

#54329 06/24/02 02:21 PM
yes, but they are so frickin' sweaty after one wear! drenched. a single girl can do that if she wants to be left alone!

f showered with his shirts, then 2 days to dry.

when i went dancing, i was completely disgusting when i got back. but what a time!

we brought a few t's & shorts, outfits & did wash once.

#54330 06/24/02 05:52 PM
Bill they will be all over you, with no luggage to search. What you could not get those white socks paired up, so you are leaving them in SP?

Dare To Deviate
#54331 06/24/02 06:45 PM
THANK YOU, sweetjane!!! I was just about to say the same thing. When it's so hot & humid, and you're out in the heat of the day, and dancing at night, those couple pair of shorts & tank tops & sun dresses get used up quickly. I took one large suitcase FULL of clothes (plus a backpack for a carry-on) and wore nearly everything I took.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.