Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Marty
You are a genius! Thanks so much.
BTW - I took this picture in front of Lily's Restaurant without even getting my feet wet.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Wow, Harriette, that's a great shot. Do you have any more?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
Thanks SeaShell - yes I do cool
Go to my website www.SeaMe1st.com
Then click on "IMAGES"
I have underwater shots from most of the places I've been. Hope you enjoy them.
Harriette

Harriette
Thanks Harriette! Those were great and sure made me homesick for Belize. It was good to see Mr. Lindsay's face too. Where were those masks taken?

You've been diving so many places, especially in Coz and Bonaire. Many people that dive Coz and/or Bonaire don't care for Belize diving. You are as taken with it as I am but I can't compare it to Bonaire, never having been there. Can you tell me why you favor Belize diving over so many other places that you have been?

Also, I couldn't get into a few of the pages on your site. They should have been there I believe but I couldn't get access. I don't know if the fault lies with my computer or something else? For example, the page about you, after I read the first page, I clicked on continue and could't get there. Any ideas?

Thanks again!! smile

Hi Harriette. I have a problem getting to the pics too, the photo adjacent to the menu on the left just covers the menu up.
I have done a lot of diving in Coz and also in Bonaire. Much less in AC, as it always seems to be so rough outside the reef that we can't get out as much as we would like. We have been out farther, and it is beautiful.
My first love is Coz, the absolute majesty of the walls (along with the good viz) is totally awesome, and the fact that you can jump back in the boat and the next dive is a totally different structure. Don't go back there much because when you get back on shore it is an absolute zoo, not like it used to be.
Bonaire was fun, but virtually every dive site was the same, about the only difference being in how you got into the water. Same distance out to the dropoff, went down at exactly the same angle to pretty much the same depth, with the same formation. Even so, it was beautiful, and diving the Hilma Hooker and the salt pier were fantastic.
My opinion only.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Thanks Bobber. I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with the weather when you've been in San Pedro. I've rarely been stopped from diving because of rough seas. We've still gone out and it's a bit of a roller coaster ride sometimes. I don't mind that until I'm trying to reboard. Avoiding getting smashed against the ladder and boat can be tricky. But, I'd rather deal with that than give up my dives. Every time I reboard in those conditions, I get better at it.

OP Offline
I know I have some problems with my web site. It is OK on my server, but problems on some other servers. I ran out of time getting them edited. As soon as I get my house back in order and back from Bonaire I hope to fix them. Thank goodness I'm not trying to sell anything. I'll put up a post when I get it done.

Why do I like Belize over Cozumel and Bonaire? confused THE PEOPLE! The language, the prices and the weather. Also, it is easy and economical to get back and forth between California and Belize.

The diving in the South Pacific is awesome but I wouldn't want to live there. I still plan to make a trip a year there. September 2003 I'm going to Wakatobi in Indonesia and May 2004 to Palau.

I have yet to dive the walls off of Long Caye at Lighthouse Atoll but many professional u/w photographers tell me it compares with any place in the world. When they get the resorts built out there I think everyone will change their minds about Belize diving.
Harriette eek

Harriette
Thanks! I've just had so many people tell me to go to Bonaire instead of Belize, I don't know what to think.

I've no doubt that the diving there is excellent, but I like my vacations to be quite well rounded. I like to be able to hear music and dance and stay out late too, if I want to. I've heard that Bonaire is pretty sedate.

I did love diving in Coz but the B&B that we stayed at (just awesome by the way) was blocks off of the beach and we had to drive to the Barracuda every day for pickup and to the marina on bad weather days. I love being able to walk down the beach and out onto the dock, step onto the boat and away we go to dive, like you can do in San Pedro. And as I understand it, the cruise ships are ruining San Miguel.

I've been seriously considering Roatan but not one of the dive dedicated resorts. I'm looking at West End because it is a little town. The prices sure seem right once you are there but getting there is a problem. A bit complicated from here and more expensive than Belize. I also gather that it may be difficult to find big enough boats with enough power to be able to take you to all of the sites. For example, one place quoted me an awesome package rate for acco, dives, etc. I was blown away and then I asked what kind of boats their dive shop had. The answer was three speed boats, 2 of them being 27' with an 85 hpm (speedboats? hee hee) and a 33' with a 200 hpm. I suppose the third boat is not too bad but what if the motor breaks down while out at a distant site?

I have also done a few destinations in SE Asia and the South Pacific and will continue to do so, but I don't compare them to San Pedro, for a number of reason, not the least of which is access. That said, yes, I think that the Atolls are world class, even if they are a little short on large schools of fish.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.