Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
MEXICANNA ....GLAD TO HEAR YUR FEEDING YUR KIDS AT A FINE DINNING ESTABLISHMENT...NOT THAT MACDONNALDS CRAP

Folks here are polite, and most figure they want you to have a nice time, so they do not let you know when you offend them or hurt their feelings.
Owners/operators overall do not appreciate it when customers bring thier own beverage to a restaurant.

Nicely stated.

T
T
For eating/wine drinking, I recommend Casa Picasso, on the lagoon (east side of island) just south of the airport. Owner Chris is super nice, and the place has great atmosphere and great food. If your wife is a beginner snorkeler, I recommend some lessons near the beach at first, before going out to "open water". It can be a little scary. Hubby and I learned to snorkel in Hawaii, and stuck to the shallows for a while, before going out to deep water. You will love it..have fun! laugh

S
S
Why would they not appreciate it with a corkage fee? Would they appreciate tourists more if we ordered wines & champagnes they cannot serve because they don't have them or have us consume ones that we do not enjoy? I guarantee you if I'm on vacation I want to consume what I want & not what someone else wants me to enjoy

I would also recommend bringing your own equipment. It is so cheap and so well worth bringing your own. If your wife is a little iffy about snorkeling she definitely will not like sharing a mouthpiece that thousand others have used. Try practicing in a pool first, this helps. Haven't been to Lamanaie (sp). I only recommend Altun Ha because of the experienced and knowledgable guides as well as the stop at maruba Spa (definitely get a massage and eat lunch up in the tree top restaurant). This combination made my trip. Whatever you choose you can't go wrong - ENJOY

soonergirl,
As a foodie, I know what you are saying, and it has been my experience --in the states for years as a waiter, manager of fine establishments, and as an owner of a place here-- that sometimes people have a special bottle,say: a wedding gift or a long cellared bottle from home, etc, and want to drink it at my table. I have always (I learned it from my father, a wine guy also) expected that those customers, far from being tacky, are the very best tables! I also note that no one has ever showed up with anything less than a wine superior to those I serve, unless it has some value-even intrinsic- why would they bother!
Sorry, folks, I guess this little aside is way off the topic, but I thought it needed saying.
As a tourist destination, because ofover protective, byzantine customs laws in Belize, our pool of available wine is of less quality and higher price than other tourist destinations, therefore, either we lose an affluent section of tourist who is interested in dining well, or we let them bring their own from home. Sure, I'd love to make Wine Spectator for my list and maybe one day I will. please don't tell my wife I'm thinking of trying, but laws must change first, until then, its BYOB in BZ!!
Chris, owner of Casa Picasso

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
L
L
I bring my own bottle of my favorite booze and some wine and keep it for my room. It is great to go out on the balcony at Banana Beach, with the ocean right in front of you and drink a great glass of wine.

F
F
Here goes my 2 cents:

-La Isla Bonita or La Bistro Bonita
-The Spanish Lullabye(inspired by Madonna's song about San Pedro
-Tropical or Island Breezes
-Fly Away

F
F
OOPS-hit the wrong post. This is for the Banana Beach contest- Sorry

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.