Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#80528 02/27/04 01:11 AM
Timo - finally got to see your pictures - you got some great fish! We're definitely interested in getting the names of your guides. You said you also caught some bonefish - any permit or tarpon or did you do mostly reef or "outside the reef" fishing? thanks for the info - sharon

#80529 02/27/04 09:05 AM
T
T
fished on the sibun near belize city...sucked

should have tried AC

#80530 02/28/04 03:52 PM
Those are some BIG FISH! laugh
How tasty were they?

#80531 02/28/04 09:50 PM
NICE PICS Tim!

#80532 03/01/04 04:04 PM
T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Stamiya, Just saw your post regarding our fishing trip to AC. Bonefish, caught many, maybe 30 or so,and several very nice size ones. We caught them all with light spinning gear using small unbaited jigs. As to type of fishing, we split our time between reef and over the reef fishing.We also fished the channels and islands at the south end of AC. We have used the same guides for 8 years and have had great sucess every year. My guide is Juan Alamilla(e-mail is [email protected] ..phone# 501-226-2009)My in-laws use Pancho Verde(e-mail is [email protected]# 501-226-2104) Both are great guys and really know how to fish. You will definetly be put on fish, and the rest will be up to you. They also will take you snorkeling and will do beach bbq's, or any combo you like. Almost forgot, wedid not fish the flats for tarpon or permit, but others in our group did without much success except for a few bonefish. One fellow did report seeing many permit one day but could not get them to bite. Sorry- got a bit wordy- hope this answers your questions. Good fishing!! TIMO

#80533 03/01/04 05:42 PM
TIMO - thanks for all the information - you can't get too wordy if you're talking fishing! We're starting to put together our list of tackle, etc for June. If we emailed Juan or Pancho would they give us some information on what to bring, or is it better to buy all the terminal tackle down there? 3 months to go - seems like an eternity right now! laugh

#80534 03/01/04 07:50 PM
T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Stamiya, Not sure what your thinking about bringing,but I always bring alot of different things, and only end up using asmall portion. First, I bring all my own rods and reels, some big deep sea rigs and some smaller spinning gear for the bonefish,ladyfish, and small snappers and jacks. Live bait and cut bait are the methods of choice for the bigger fish and all the various types of snappers. We have gotten strikes on different lures and jigs but have not caught huge numbers on them.(other than bonefish on jigs) As far as leaders, hooks, and such, the guides will provide the rigs you need. I usually bring boxes of hooks, leader material, and fishing line and give it to my guide.(you lose alot of tackle due to the coral and these things are expensive in AC)The artificials that have worked the best are heavy jigs and some deep diving large crankbaits. Hope this helps. TIMO

#80535 03/01/04 10:46 PM
Timo - we usually end up giving away a bunch of tackle also. Good to know what they need. thanks again!

#80536 05/21/04 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Timo:
Just returned from San Pedro last week. Flipped a coin and picked one of you recommendations - Pancho Verde- very disappointing. Nice personable fellow but couldnt catch his breath nor did he try. Also got the same old lame excuse about too rough in the ocean while 5 dive boats blew us away and went out right past us while we were sitting in a cut hacking it.
OH well it was a nice day anyway.

#80537 05/21/04 12:58 PM
like I preach not all guides are the same ,you want a first class guide not a second class guy ,and they cost the same ..cod father you can not blame timo because he has had good luck I guess with this guy ,sea contions do make or break the day ,,but some have spots all over that produce action almost all the time ..my guy capt bicho is a gem ,but he also's has a tough day fishing when sea is rough but he has places to go when sea is rough that are calm but you need to spend lots of dollars on gas to get there ,and most other capt just will not do that . but he is building a good bussiness and goes the extra mile to that he cares so much about pleseing the guest ,,..,,take care and next time ,give my guy a try or try two guys out and pick the one you like ,,my guy will come in first I will bet on it ....good fishing and come back to live the dream ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.