Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#83806 04/13/04 11:49 AM
Who is Tulu and what dive shop does he work with?

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
#83807 04/13/04 01:30 PM
I got his name from a previous post, can't remember who, but it said find Tulu on the old Coral Beach dock. We are just snorkeling, for diving I am guessing you would want to check into it more. Maybe do a search on Tulu.

#83808 04/13/04 03:09 PM
G
G
Tulu does both snorkel and dives. Alot of the other regulars on here have used him for both and he gets good recommendations. He is very flexible and will take you where you want/when you want. He does alot of pick-ups from Banana Beach (the girls in the office know him), if that helps.

#83809 04/13/04 05:28 PM
Goikes -please explain "flexible"or is that an inside joke-love and a couple of kisses

#83810 04/14/04 07:14 AM
G
G
Peter love, that would be FLEXIBLE as in stop & snorkel, oh, stop at that bar, let's snorkel some more, put in a fishing line, snorkel, stop at bar...etc. NOT flexible as in very bendy human pretzel. Although he may be that also but I couldn't answer that. laugh

#83811 04/17/04 12:28 AM
Hey Cheese
Since you say you have a big night light is sounds like you are an experienced night diver. I gave my BIG light away before I moved her. For one it took BIG batteries and they are expensive. I now use small halogen type lights. You don't need to light up a large area. I also have a laser light that works wonders for spotting critters without scaring them off. When I was doing still photography I found this very useful. You will be amazed how much light there is even with your light turned off.
Now that I do video my lights on the camera work well in place of lights. Fortunately there are three levels of intensity and I can turn on just one and keep it on the lowest level until I am ready to start shooting.
Do go to the site on a day dive prior to the night dive. It is nice to have scooped out the terrain.
A good dive shop will know the tides and not take you out when the current is running too strong, especially if it is going out. I have had to claw my way along the bottom in order to get back to the boat. This is not fun.
We all have our favorite dive operators - mine is Hustler's Eco Tours at the north end of town.
Have fun.
Harriette
smile smile

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#83812 04/19/04 11:28 AM
OP Offline
I hope I did not give the impression that mine is huge.....

....It is just an average size light. D bateries. I always carry a small light with me for looking in dark spaces and bringing the color out deeper.

I have not gotten into photography yet. It is something I want to do but it has not worked into the budget yet.

I will most likely bring my small light with me and borrow/rent a bigget light if I go on a night dive.

From the input so far it seems like it is worth it if you have the time to wait for the right conditions.

"I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability."

Oscar Wilde
#83813 04/26/04 02:23 PM
We just got back and did a night snorkel, was awesome - would highly recommend it. Whole different world at night. We went with Tulu, you can find him at the Courtesea Pier or the old Coral Beach pier. Wonderful guy and guide, will be doing trips with him when we go back next year !! Will post a full trip report soon.

#83814 04/26/04 02:30 PM
G
G
Phyllis, I'm glad you got to meet Tulu - isn't he a great guide? He is so easygoing and more than willing to accomodate you on whatever you want to do on your trip! If you ever get the opportunity to go to Hol Chan and Shark Ray, he'll tell you about the time the movie crew was on the south part of the island for Ican'tremember what movie and how all the islanders worked as extras! Glad to hear you had fun and am looking forward to your trip report!

#83815 04/26/04 03:42 PM
From your name I am guessing your a Vikings fan, as is Tulu. We are huge Packer fans so we had fun with that. Seems we met a lot of folks from Minn. and/or Viking fans. What is wrong with this world ???!!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.