Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
...only thing I just retired now...WOW...it's a good thing I retired!!! eek

Bywarren......LMAO....Thank you-much need laugh!!! No offense there Pete!!! C

Hmmmm, "needs of older ladies". Does that mean he will buy them a whole lot of expensive stuff, invest a lot of time, endure a lot of criticism, and not expect anything in return. Must be a real masochist. Just my opinion of course. :p

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
L
L
Just say no. I have traveled to AC several times as a single female. I have been offered drugs, but find if you just are polite and say "no thank you" that is usually the end of it. I would be more scared walking around in NYC or Harlem, so don't worry about it!

its nothing like Jamaica....at the airport in Montego Bay, we had 3 or 4 young men ask us if we wanted "Jamaica Smoke", and then were told by some other locals that if you buy it, you will get arrested down the block, the "dealer" will get his dope back, and you will pay a cash fine to the "police".......then everyone forgets about it...I guess their police need to profit from tourism too.........LOL

toy4irma, I WANT to be retired, how do you do that? Can't see it happening? This will be my 4th trip, never been offered drugs/propositioned in any way. Just like all the street people beggng in Houston just have to say sorry, not interested, cannot help. Like everwhere just say no thank you. You will not be bothered.

Las year at Crazy Canuucks, I was asked to dance to the Punta boys which I did. It wasn't until the next day I was told they were gang members frome Belize City over to cause trouble but no trouble happened. I just danced & had fun,then left.

If my trip in April is any indication, you don't have to worry about being approached, my 18 yr old daughter and I were fine but my 51 year old hubby was offered drugs and women, oh yes and approached by a young man with intentions to approach my daughter....

While on our trip there last March and having lunch at Fido's I was approach by a man who said he needed some money to buy a trowel so he could get a job. He said he just got out of jail. I asked him what he was in jail for and he said dealing coke. I gave him 10 blz. and he was on his way. The next day I saw him working with a trowel in his hand. I have been a bricklayer for almost 40 yrs. I don't know if I helped him or gave him a curse. Hard, hard work.

OP Offline
,,,Windjammer..here in PA. after 35 years of teaching they give you so many incentives to retire ...you JUST can't resist !!!
laugh laugh laugh

From the replys, I feel more safe and secure about my vaca. I realize now S.P. will be
way different from the island of Ohau where I took public transportation and bounced around all day...( we were staying in the Diamond Head area.) to shop when my husband was working there. I feel it will take a while for me to relax but I am now prepared .
It's interesting that people who have traveled to S.P. for the first time never mention feeling
unsafe...they only talk about wanting so badly to go back. I just KNOW I will join that LONG
list of wantabies...want a be back in S.P.!!!

***Don't forget about drinks at the Squirels Nest !!
cool cool

Bywarren and Bobber, you're killin' me this morning. Even got a chuckle from my hubby.

toy4irma, I'm returning to San Pedro for the 9th time in July. Often I travel alone or with other
women friends and I've NEVER EVER felt unsafe. I just use common sense. In Oahu on the other hand, my rental car was stolen along with everything I owned. I have no desire to return there. As my Belizean friends tell me, "Relax yourself", you'll be one of the converted by the time you get home.

Bywarren, I have a snowgoose video with your name on it. My husband has asked me to deliver it to you when I come down in July. You'll still be around right?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.