Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
birdie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Fuzzy or Malibu

What about the Royal Orchid Suite? Does it have an "ok" view? Is it room #1 or #2 that you talked about?

My Wife and I are heading there to relax! relax! relax!, I don't want to bothered with "where I am going to eat each night" if you know what I mean! You are 100% correct that "This is MY vacation"!

AAAHhhh FUZZY...The check is in the Mail.... wink

Love your reports and you really should consider sending them to a travel Magazine.Let them pay you also...you deserve it! laugh

birdie: EVERYTHING, all food and drinks have the service charge. Did an eyebrow raising when I found out. It is suppose to go to your server....?.....who knows if it makes it. We tipped anyway just in case, in spite of the eyebrow raising.

Royal Orchid suite...hmmmmmm....sorry but I don't know for sure which one this is but I am pretty certain that it isn't #1 or 2. I think the RO is one of the ones on stilts in the back. Believe me: get 1 or 2. We were in THE beach cabana in the picture above and it is very small and not a good view, our friends were in one of the stilt suite rooms and they couldn't see anything (I went to their room and checked it out, so I know) plus they had to climb the stairs every night to get up there - drinking and climbing, a dangerous prop...

Many of the pricier hotels add the service charge on your food, drinks, etc. You should always ask if it's added. As well, many of the more remote hotels ask if you will be eating there each night so they can prepare and not have tons of stuff left if the guests decide to eat elsewhere. In the same way, if you are not staying there but want to eat there, you should call and let them know or make reservations so they can have an idea of how many people will be dining there on any given night. The Royal Orchid suite is the top floor of the building to the left of the restaraunt/lobby, (facing the hotel). Very nice, large and great view.

B
birdie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all the good info. on Portofino. Good to know to increase the ol' budget to include the service charges. We will be there 5 days and will love just relaxing but could I please get a few suggestions from you on some great 1/2 day activies? Like the best places to go snorkle, or other types of relaxing activities.

birdie - I think there are good and bad points to each room at Portofino. We found out the beach cabanas on the beach are like little duplexes with someone right next door to you and very small. The suites that are up on stilts (Sunflower and Jasmine, I think) don't have much of a view but are GORGEOUS, large, and private. For our anniversary we opted for privacy over views, just our personal decision. The Royal Orchid Suite, the honeymoon suite I think, has two rooms underneath it???? confused But it does have a nice view. And #1 and #2 are underneath the Royal Orchid Suite. I think it's just a personal choice as far as what's most important to you and/or what you'd like to compromise. If I were to stay at Portofino again, I would stay in the same suite.

I think it goes without saying to go snorkeling wink . We did Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. We wanted to do Mexico Rocks but were rained out that day. Also, take a golf cart into town and to the South end. And above all else don't forget to RELAX!

S
S
If you need to go to your room to mix your drinks, perhaps you should choose a discount hotel in town rather than a boutique resort.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
C
We stayed at Breanna's Beach House (through Searious Adventures) roughly $1000 usd / week... 2 bdrm House on the Beach with GREAT VIEW, Privacy, Full bath, Full Kitchen & cleaning service every other day... close to the Markets... close to Papi's (BEST FOOD on the ISLAND)... (my husband is a chef & absolutely loved Papi's Food... mixed seafood platter (approx 15.00 USD) good to share... too much for most people... to eat alone, BEST Chicken Burger I've ever had! Real Authentic Home Cooked Local Food.... not fancy, but very, very good.

Have a great day
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.