Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#99564 03/23/05 10:30 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello:
I have a request that I hope one of you kind people might be able to point me in the right direction. I am a certified diver and will be with my wife at a resort on the North Side April 7th. to 13th. I would like to go diving at Hol Chan at least once and possible other sites around the reef. I would also like to hit Shark Alley. I would enjoy a small but safe dive operator who would be able to kind of one on one cater to me since I have no dive buddy just a wife who looks great on deck and enjoys snorkeling but who does not dive. We have snorkeling equipment but I would need to rent dive gear. I guess I am looking more for a Ritz Carlton experience more then 30 divers on a boat. So if anyone knows this kind of one on one operator I sure would love their information. Thanks in advance!! Neptunus

neptunus
#99565 03/23/05 11:28 AM
S
S
My husband and I enjoyed Ambergris last November. Stayed at Ramon's and used their dive operation. Rented my equipment from them and went out on boats with no more than 8 people. Had a great time. Trustworthy equipment, comfortable dive boat, knowledgeable guides. Enjoy!! www.ramons.com

#99566 03/23/05 02:41 PM
S
S
In the same boat as you, neptunus. Arriving April 5 for 8 days at Belizean Shores. Looking to do two mornings of two tank dives to check the places out. Wife loves to work on the tan topside while I'm below. I was planning on scouting out some of the more popular dive groups that this board reccomends as I consider myself a beginner diver. I only have 4 open water dives under my belt, so far. Looking forward to doubling this by the time we return.

#99567 03/23/05 04:40 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hey SJohnston,

Small world. If you like drop me an email. Our needs and skills are a like.

[email protected]

neptunus
#99568 03/23/05 09:30 PM
S
S
For a small operator with top notch equipment and guides I would have to recommend Blue Hole Dive Center with Chuck and Robbie as your DM's. http://www.bluedive.com/

#99569 03/24/05 10:52 AM
IRM Offline
Check out Protec located at The Belize Yacht Club. Their dive masters are very attentive and always go out with small groups of 6 or less. They replace their dive equipment every six months and many consider them to have the best equipment. I did about dozen dives with them last August and will be back this August to dive with them again. There are tons of fun dive sites around AC. Enjoy!

#99570 03/24/05 01:41 PM
Wow. I just checked out Protech's website and read some mighty big claims there. I get nervous any time someone claims to be the best AND cheapest, which they do.

This quote really surprises me:

"We can arrange for new gear to be shipped directly to you at your home. This might be good of you want gear but can't carry it, or we don't have the right size/color in stock. You'll pay the same discounted price, which we can guarantee will be less than any local dealer you can find."

Call me a skeptic.

* I Go Pogo *
#99571 03/24/05 02:19 PM
I have been diving with both Protech (for two weeks) and Amigos del Mar (Blue Hole/Lighthouse Caye.) I would choose Protech over ADM. IMHO (and from my personal experience last summer) Protech had superior rental equipment, less crowded boats, more attentive DM's. mobunny cool

#99572 03/24/05 02:43 PM
S
S
We used Pro-tech last summner, and have no ax to grind with them. They delivered what they promised. their rental equipment, which we did not use, looked very good, much better then Amigos, which we used for the Blue Hole trip. If you are not renting equipment, it doesn't really matter about that point. but Pro-tech was good for local diving. Amigo's had a that time the best boat for long distance trips.

#99573 03/24/05 03:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Catatonic Motivator - I don't know who you are but I don't think you've ever visited Protech. When you're next in Belize why don't you call by and take a trip with us, with our compliments?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.