"When the smaller crimes started, one has to know crimes will escalate, if not cracked down on."

You're very right, the problem is that it doesn't seemed to have happened. The only thing that has happened is finger pointing.

For the record I do see this a serious problem but it is most certainly not an every day indicator of how things are on the island. Therein lies the problem, first time readers of the board can easily get the wrong impression of our community if the incident is worded in such a way as to indicate we have a huge crime problem. We do have a crime problem but is mainly opportunistic and seasonal and in very rare cases is it violent as happened this morning.

Drive to any convenience store in the US and ask them how many times they have been robbed then do the same thing here on AC. The answers will be very different. Perspective.

Gotto go until late tonight, can't wait to read the thread. Have a good afternoon and please send prayers for the family of the security guard (I feel very bad that I don't even know his name yet.)