Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#106389 07/27/05 12:06 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Marty,

Thanks for allowing the post to remain up.

Are you in country?

Any ideas on a crime stopper web site for AC where folks can assist in making a databse of incidents with full details. Maybe a stupid idea but thought maybe someting may help to pin some stuff on these criminals. As you know, most walk out of out courtrooms.

How our little island has changed. Hopefully we can get it back to what is was like, even half way would be good for now.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#106390 07/27/05 02:10 PM
S
S
In response to an added message concerning the elvi's kitchen robbery/murder,from someone claiming that A suspect was falsly accused and jailed. The information given to convict those offenders was accurate enough for our justice system to convict those individuals,and should be respected by all,and is in no way connected with the Fido's incident just because a crowbar was used to hurt the victim and open the safe,which is a logical tool for someone trying to open a safe.The Elvi's kitchen murder suspects ,no matter the role in the robbery, should all have been sentenced the same,,LIFE in jail.,,in exchange for the life they all particapated in taking,(even the suspect at large).The same should be done to the offenders of the Fido's case, when hopefully solved soon.

#106391 07/27/05 02:45 PM
zapmad, I concur! Great idea! However, I like to party till the sun comes up so I don't know about that curfew idea... smile

#106392 07/27/05 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Collyk ! You have got to be joking.
After an incident like this ther always emerges at least one who will make excuses for the guilty.
"Punishing the perpetrators is closing the gate after the horse bolted" What garbage!
What experience could you have possibly had (not that anyone really wants to know) that would lead you to believe that WE must make sure that the gap between the haves and the havenots does not get any wider(Communist Manifesto?)"
Instead of listening to Collyks' psuedo social pscho garbage listen to SIN - Proactive Solution - Island Solidarity then catchem' try em' and hang em'
Rykat

#106393 07/27/05 02:51 PM
Amanda "For those of you that spend most of your time trying to avoid paying your rightful taxes - at least donate some needed money now." Fine, I'll personally be donating over $100,000BZE in taxes this year, our island tourists will donate over $30m in taxes this year, could the government possibly be persuaded to send 20% of it back to our island so that we can take care of our problems?

I have no time for government cronyism. It is time the government recognised that San Pedro pays more than enough tax to take care of her pressing problems.

#106394 07/27/05 02:53 PM
zapmadcitizen...what you say is the way to go... this makes real sense..while I am a gringo with no say in local politics and laws..I will as a condo owner at royal palm pay what ever it takes to help make the island safe for decent people to live..and if you commit murder..no life sentance .. you just hang the villain the odds are good they will not kill again !!!!!!!..the hell with the liberals..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#106395 07/27/05 03:23 PM
Paying your taxes is not "donating." That is the price you pay for the priviledge of making a living here. It is good to hear that you are paying so much in taxes though - just goes to prove that somebody is making money in this town.

But just to recap - I said those that are NOT paying the taxes that they are supposed to should consider donating.

We have a number of serious social issues that need to be addressed - including legalizing those immigrants that are working for less than minimum wage and cannot enroll their kids in school because they are illegal. If our Central American immigrants could become Belize residents they would be better paid and could provide an education for their kids. Not to mention they could pay into the tax system.

Few "havenots" live in areas that the police can't walk to - they live close to town where the majority of the jobs are.

I like the idea that San Pedro Town have its own police force, they would be paid a higher wage, be provided better living accommodations, be provided suitable vehicles and fuel and training to protect this island from the bad guys. The police wouldn't have to worry so much about procuring their monthly allotment of petty cash, stationary, bullets etc. San Pedro would pay for those items. We could fast track the bad guys through the system and put them where they belong. At the moment our police are understaffed, overworked and do not have the necessary tools, and in some cases, training, to adequately get the bad guys off the street. If San Pedro Town could wrestle control of patrolling out "borders" ourselves, we would be in much better shape.

#106396 07/27/05 03:35 PM
S
S
I'm for a local police force. One where the police spend a career in one town, getting to know every family and where everyone lives. Also, they get to know the "Bad Boys" and can better keep an eye on them.

#106397 07/27/05 03:38 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Great ideas guys! I love the idea of throwing stuff out and seeing what sticks. Good ideas, bad ideas, crazy ideas will all be considered, boiled down and the end result will get SP back on track.

At one time SP had FIVE (5) Tourism Police officers. Boats passengers used to be questioned and searched. But again, civil rights must be observed.

If Scottsdale, Highland Park, West Palm Beach and such can have "Private Security Forces" than so can we. Maybe an idea that may stick. It'll cost, but I'm sure a suitable arrangement can be met.

Or we could call one of the families back east and set up a protections arrangement. Capt. Jeff, can you make the call to the families? They could pick up the trash while they are at it. Just kidding....

It's so frustrating, like Chris above, huge taxes are being forwarded to Central Gov. We get shafted. But we can't set back and cry while we get hit by a TSUNAMI of crime. We need to go balls to the walls and show the remainder of Belize how to take control of a situation!

Perhaps more rallies will pop up around Belize. Wishfull thinking I know, but, we won't know unless we try.

I wouldn't even leave it to the Town Council. A professional association dedicated to protection and security.

Keep the ideas comming and maybe one of the fine writers/lawyers on the forum can summarize all the ideas in an organized schedule.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#106398 07/27/05 03:54 PM
Here's an old scab that I will finally pick. Several years ago, I "reported" a riot at the then Lion's Clinic on my "anti-social" thread. I thought the "gringo" community would never talk to me again. Lots of cold shoulders!!! It was suggested that I should personally apolize to the Mayoress and Area Representive. I did not do that...although I did apoligize to Marty for shaking so many cages. This head in the sand...keep positive...approach is reaping its reward. Let's get real, here!! Denial of problems is a prescription for them to continue and get worst.

Gone fishing!!
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.