Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
#106429 07/28/05 02:57 AM
I'm not going to get into a detailed conversation about the effects of punishment, but the extensive research is there on the net for you to find if you are interested. It seems that some people have decided that they want to argue politics and/or be personally offensive. I made it very clear that I feel very much for the people who have been effected by this. I also made it very clear that I feel that the criminals who did this should be punished severely and that I have no opposition to any type of punishment which will make the residents of AC feel safer. Anyone who knows me knows that I am about as far from liberal as one can be, but that is neither here nor there.

Now, to those who have taken issue with my comments or typos: Rykat I am sorry that you think that personally attacking me is going to offer anything constructive to either the people of AC or to the debate. Seashell, the behaviour of proctologists would indeed make an interesting study (I would love to know the motivation of people who choose this as a career path). Emmy, I I apologise deeply for any offence caused by my late night typo, clearly it has caused some great distress for so many to feel obliged to comment on it (as a typo is so relevant to this debate)but I am glad I brought some happiness to the very angry (oh - we spell behaviour with an u in the uk, so that adds somewhat to the confusion/amusement I'm sure). indygal, funny you should say that - I live directly opposite from a care home for teenagers who have either committed serious crimes or who have been abused and yes I donate to them regularly and am involved with the staff and management - we didn't even know they were there until one of my lodgers was beaten up by one of the residents on the way to the shop (and yes we pursued prosecution but our own useless judicial system didn't give us results).

Now I hope I've addressed those of you who have responded to me personally although I feel that this is all way off the subject and again just want to express my support to the residents of AC and those affected by this crime there.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

#106430 07/28/05 05:59 AM
:rolleyes:

Gone fishing!!
#106431 07/28/05 07:51 AM
C
C
I'm not sure what's more offputting for the potential tourist - the crime itself, or the lynch-mob mentality posted herein - it's pretty scary - hanging, curfews, sounds a bit like Iraq under Saddam!

#106432 07/28/05 08:21 AM
yat Offline
How about going back to the old west style of justice. Get a secretive group of guys together and when they find out who the persons responsible for these crimes are, find the right time and place and take out these criminals.

#106433 07/28/05 08:27 AM
S
S
They might even get the right ones

#106434 07/28/05 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Antonio Almendarez may he rest in Peace.

Collyk - everytime you post trying to answer everyones "kicks" you dig a deeper hole. You offer nothing to the people of AC on this board.
Seeking a class-less society - leveling out the haves and have-nots? as ridiculous as the first time you said it. Not punishing perpetrators? (closing the gate after the horse...)OY!
No one here is reponding to you personally just the nonsense that you espouse. Say what yee may I cannot repond to you again.
Lots of great ideas have been posted here -both for AC 'ers to undertake and for the family of Antonio Almendarez - yours, Collyk , ain't some of them.

#106435 07/28/05 10:07 AM
Yat, isn't that what the kkk was about in the begining? confused

#106436 07/28/05 10:31 AM
now danny my brother..I think to hang a scum bag killer after a very fair trial is way to go..kkk never gave any one a trial. they where a bunch of racist bums themselves .we are talking apples to grapes here..justice should be swift and fair but hang em ,is the only way a killer never kills again...if you do the crime ,well you know the rest..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#106437 07/28/05 10:42 AM
yat Offline
Now Danny...the difference here is that we are discriminating against only the criminals. And these are the BAD guys.

#106438 07/28/05 03:15 PM
What I was getting at was, at least as I heard it from oldtimers in western Pa., the kkk looked after their own. And, if say an abusive husband got out of line he would get a visit. If that didn't work more drastic measures were employed. If someone was steeling that person was paid a visit. No search warants needed. Quick, easy, and meaningfull.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.