Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
IMO
this is absolute crap-the private dock is allowed for access-TRUE-it is not for other businesses to use it commercially
at the present moment the dock is locked
have you asked permission and have you been granted this

OP Offline
The access is before the locked area and full due dilligence were taken prior to the commencement of the service, including discussions with the Town Hall, Political Office, Police and Attorney.

The constitution is very clear on this matter. As you are aware Pedro I practised law in the UK and have fully read the constitution of Belize

I was fully aware that this issue could become a hot potato and made sure I could reply to any issues which were brought up.

I even have the support of many of the land taxis who now are waiting here to collect passengers.

In any case the new Pier should be erected within 6 - 8 weeks which will kill the issue. There is already a permit for it.

I am sure the owners of the dock are just delighted with your thoughtful use of their dock-read the law again -commercially you are not allowed to use it-no matter how much law you practised in the UK

L
L
In answer to your question, Pedro. They have not discussed docking with the McCords(owners). Wow, a new pier! Beach Boy, you're a wonder!

R.B. Mernitz
OP Offline
The securiry guard attempted to move the ferry on yesterday and the police have told him he will be arrested for obstruction if he attempts to do so again.

Under common law and statute law the definition of commercial use does not include the setting down of persons unless the money is collected whilst still attached to the pier. It is not.

A legal well researched loophole. Pedro please do not make issues with what certainly is a beneficial service to the whole island and not just The Fido's Group.

Many people have been financially hammered with golf cart repairs in recent times travelling South due to the bad roads.

Now local San Pedrano's and Toursts alike can travel to town in less than 5 minutes. Businesses can freight between the South and centre.

People need no longer to stop at Pedro's Inn to rest their back en route to the Sandbar. They can come straight here.

Try parking at Fido's dock-you are moved on immediately(all spaces on the dock have been sold)many is the time that Malcolm has rushed down the dock and told people to clear off-one law for one and one for another-great advertising for people who want to invest on the island-build a million dollar house with a dock and then let a business,which has nothing to do with them, use it-one just has to wonder why a dock was not built by Fido's before utilising the ferry-easier to use other peoples properties

L
L
The pier(that's falling down) in front of Fido's Sand bar is the property or Royal Caribean Resort. The owner's of that project throw nickles like they were man hole covers, and yet they have the cajones to expect someone who has invested big bucks on their private property to allow public use of "their" pier???? Sorry, Beach boy, but think you would be more than a little pissed if it was your home.

R.B. Mernitz
Why would Beachboy care(remember he does not have a property in SP) -all he hopes and wants is to justify his exisistence to the Sandbar why should he care how he does it

OP Offline
Let us not get personal Peter I have been very restrained recently.

We have just acquired some land on San Pedro and will commence building soon.

This is not just for SandBars benefit. I am doing everything possible to bring the situation to a conclusion with the new pier. Even Mr Witty has kindly offered to pay for a new 210ft pier.

We are however trying to get a 310ft pier completed where everyone will be able to stop on the North Side.

I am not a hypocrit. Victoria House have no issues they are also very reasonable people.

6 - 8 weeks is a maximum time scale it may well occur much quicker.

Belizean People are very protective of their "awl a we" land, of which we are talking about. We are all guests in this country whethere we have Nationality or Residency and many of us sometimes forget this.

Just because someone chooses to invest a fortune in a property that does not allow them the right to offend the people and culture by applying their cultural rules on ownership.

The people are very pleased with this new service. It creates employment and more.

T
T
this post was insulting to many and racist to many. 'whitey" this and that we don't need. You gringos need to go back to where you came from we don't need. its a new member, might be a flamer, who knows, but this post has been pulled. definently trying to cause trouble

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.