Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JZB Offline
eek !! Easy there fella.

All I wanted was to be able to pull up and grab a bite to eat. Now I've opened up a huge can of worms....

L
L
Think your problem is solved Beachboy. Victoria House has no issues, how about them letting the ferry dock there until you get the pier built? Sure Brett will be very happy to let you do that since they are also a business.

R.B. Mernitz
OP Offline
Lovey my problem was always solved. I had a point to prove on behalf of the Indiginous Belizeans, one of whom is my wife.

Thank you tarponman very much indeed. I was always on strong ground with the locals.

It sure wound you up Pedro, relax I was always one step ahead.

T
T
I am vexed by rich forieghners who come here and dont think they have to abide by our laws and customs. Last check we still ran this country.

Belize is not your toilet Pedro.

Originally posted by tarponman:
A few white people come down here with money and they think they can run the whole island now. I can dock or fish around any dock I want to and I am protected by my country's laws. Go back to gringo land if you dont like it whitey.
Hello Tarponman, I read from your profile that you a manager and interrested in everything that involves making money.
Without choosing sides here, I think it's wise to chill a lil, in order to reach your goals.
Peace

Live and let live
Me thinks some are not who they purport to be.

I've already told you more than I know.
L
L
If you decide to go out on the pier and sing "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" tonight wouldcha keep it down. laugh laugh

R.B. Mernitz
P
P
What is the exact legal standing on dock access for both peoples leisure and docking, and does anyone know where the details can be found and read.

Is it just an unwrtiten rule that North is public for day docking but not overnight(?)and South private or a law or constitutional right. I see locked gates on many but always half way down a dock, and have also been told access is just for emergency rather than day to day use. I have heard many differing views. It seems that an individual owns the wood that is the dock, through a GOB attained permit, but obviously not the land as it is on Queens or public land.

It does seem a bit much to just use someones dock commercially without even consulting the owner -if this is the case - but if that's the law then so be it. I can't however think of another instance where a business has done this without paying in some shape or form for the access, and it's more than a little rude, especially if their own dock is only a few weeks away then why not wait until you have things in place.

6 weeks to build the pier, 310ft? OK, Adam, $1000.00 says it won't be ready 6 weeks from Monday 7th Aug.

OP Offline
Short please understand that it is every Belizeans birthright to do what tarponman said.

I have lived with the populus here for many years and think like a Belizean.

If you build a pier in excess of 75ft it becomes a public pier on the north side for the very reasons I stated earlier in this string. I am not out to make war. I am just doing what the law was originally intended for.

It can be very hard for us westerners to comprehend and apply but I for one made this my adopted country. I will not be bullied in any way when I stand up for what is right.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.