Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#16646 05/21/03 01:12 PM
G
G
Scott, I think your idea of the message in the bottle is a great one. My boyfriend and I recently spent some time in Cayman Brac, and the couple we rented a cottage from had left a message in a bottle for us to find welcoming us to the island and it was neat.

#16647 05/22/03 12:07 AM
R
R
In the true tradition of the familia Rasta Pasta...Albert & I sailed up to Capricorn on my birthday and after dinner he actually got down on one knee and proposed to me for the second time to renew our vows and this year son Robbie continued the tradition with our Capricorn family and proposed to Dora Gonzalez and married in March...a very romantic way if our family does say so ourselves...Congatulations

#16648 05/22/03 04:17 AM
M
M
Mango...that one is terrific! Very creative!

Also, you could hire the Winnie Estell. Great ship. She was, I believe, sunk years ago, brought up and fixed up and put to sail again. A nice metaphor for marriage...problems happen, but you can work it out. Roberto will take you to wherever you wish and have something set up on deck for you. Re Maralyn at Rasta Pasta, I was kindly invited to her wedding on the Winnie Estell, and it was the most memorable wedding I have ever been to. It would sure be a memorable proposal, as well!

A less expensive thought is the boat ride to Capricorn. We went on my birthday this year, and it so happened that a young man proposed to his lady right next to us. The ring in the plate sort of thing. Then, the staff all came around and sung. That was nice.

Sounds to me like she is a lucky girl. Best wishes!

#16649 05/22/03 09:31 AM
I haven't actually been to AC yet (we'll be coming 5/25) so I can't give advice on specific locations, but if you were to do the remote island idea maybe this would be a nice touch:
Ahead of time get yourself an empty oyster shell, then while you're walking along the water, take the shell out of your pocket (with ring inside) and pretend you found it washed up on the shore. Hand it to her and tell her to open it to see if maybe there's a pearl inside. I would love to see her face when instead of a pearl she finds a beautiful diamond ring.

#16650 05/22/03 11:52 AM
OP Offline
That is an option also Tesia. I had thought of taking a shell and gluing it closed with the ring inside, then having her find it when we go walking. Kind of torn between that and the bottle thing, if I do a remote island proposal.

I can do anything, I just can't do everything...
#16651 05/22/03 07:10 PM
Just gaze into her eyes and say "You won't want to marry me, would you? This approach always works great for me!!

Gone fishing!!
#16652 05/23/03 10:55 AM
lol @ Bill
I really like the bottle idea! Since you did it once before it will have tons of meaning to her!
THEN... if ya both love AC you can wed there and use the bottle idea as wedding invites too. (who did that? Turnbaum? I can't remember, but it sounded sooo cool!)

#16653 05/23/03 11:37 AM
OP Offline
Lol..always works for you Bill? How many times u been married?

My step-dad is a country boy from Pennsylvania. He dated my mom for a couple years and then one day he said to her, "Hey Woman, guess it's about time we got hitched."

Beautiful. sniff, sniff. *wipes tear from eye*

I'm thinking the bottle idea is the best so far. Unless I hit on something better, I'm going to start working on that. I can write the poem myself.

If Belize turns out to be all it seems from here, then we just may get married there next year. When we first started dating, we talked about the perfect wedding. What we came up with was a deserted island with just the wedding guests, us, and whomever was going to marry us on it. We get married on it and then spend about two days on it with just the two of us in a bungalo, while the rest go to another island or back home.

In the meantime, from AC, any ideas of which island to go to for the bottle and sunset dinner thing? How about ideas of how to get there? I've never sailed yet, although I'm considering doing that sailing course. Either way, we'll prolly need dropped off and picked up. We wouldn't need anything too fancy like silver plates and Lobster waiting on the island, although that would be nice. We could have a nice picnic there. Whatever money we spend on this part comes out of our total vacation budget, so I want it to have a lot of meaning, but unfortunately I can't spend more than a couple/few hundred bucks on it. Wish I could.

#16654 05/23/03 05:26 PM
Setting all jokes a side, take the time to enjoy each other. How about a night sail? Maybe a ring in her glass of rum/whatever?
Or a day sail, with fruit, berries, wine/drinks.

Write her a letter that explains your feeling and love. Men have a tendency to hide emotion and most women admire one who can speak it aloud. wink

#16655 05/23/03 06:10 PM
OP Offline
I've never had a problem with speaking my mind. I wish everyone were as open. Sometimes people don't like to hear what I have to say, so I try to work on the presentation. My 'problem' if you can call it that, is that I don't talk just to talk. Some people guage their interactions with people by how many words pass between them, not the words and underlying meanings.

If I do the bottle (which looks pretty likely) I'll write a nice poem for it about our relationship and its future. I've given her a few poems in the past, so its an ongoing thing.

I guess I want something that will make her feel like, 'wow, he went to all this trouble for me.' and 'it was the most beautiful moment.'

I'll be fine with whatever happens along the way (I don't get too frustrated when things don't go right) but I'm only going to do this once, so I want to make it a nice thing that her friends would be envious of, and make it as memorable as possible.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.