Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#167411 10/07/04 11:00 AM
Ahhh - Little Italy! And Mata Rocks was like your own old beach cabin with Pablo enjoying the mosquitos and Coconuts' Tim and David always greeted you with a laugh and a hug and my sister borrowed Pete's (Squirrels Nest bar) pants to wear to Laminai and Charlene had her BBQ at the Squirrels Nest and there was no traffic. But still so great I can hardly wait for May and AC and rum punch.

#167412 10/07/04 02:02 PM
S
S
I've gotta go with Jimmy Cliff. His happy-go-lucky brand of reggae makes me smile,....and I nearly burned a hole in my cd's by the end of our last trip.

#167413 10/07/04 03:52 PM
O.K., y'all, dig way back to some old Bertie Higgins. Specifically "Back to the Island" and "Just Another Day in Paradise". Took those CD's with us on our first trip to SP 11 years ago (they were 10 years old even then) and still bring them back every time along with all the afore mentioned. Yup, Charlene and Bruce at Coconuts was pretty special. BC's still is. Little Italy, oh dear, some great memories there.

#167414 10/08/04 10:09 AM
Yes little italy was great.
after eating as much seafood as we could possibly consume in eleven days, we wanted something different. we chose little italy. there was another couple at the next table whispering under their breath "we are so sick of seafood"
never ever thought we would choose pasta over lobster!!!
david & i will always remember that couple.

#167415 10/08/04 03:33 PM
C
C
Reminds me of a month long sailing cruise we took in the Bahamas. After a week we had run out of beef in the freezer, so all we ate was fish, conch and lobster.

Our last weekend there we were anchored up alone in Double Breasted Cay thinking about how we were going to fix lobster again, one more time, when another cruising sailboat comes into the anchorage. Of course we socialized.

They were fresh from West Palm with a cooler of steaks. The first thing they asked was if there were any lobster around. Oh yeah! We swapped a dozen crawfish for 6 thick ribeyes. Then we tied the boats together and lit the grill....ahhh....then stayed a few more days :-)

#167416 10/17/04 08:41 AM
Chris - music - Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

And as for the REALLY old days of "Mata Rocks"......Mata Rocks was originally located 5.5 miles north of San Pedro. Before it was called Mata Rocks it was "La Finca" - and before that "Los Renegados". It had a castaway-style bamboo beach bar (fabulous), 2 beach-side cabins, one "inside" room and an owner's apartment. Indeed if you found it, you were on your own private beach.

#167417 10/17/04 11:00 AM
Beachy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all! especially the leon russell reminder, I have a version of 'em singing the Stone's wild horses that is nice on the ears. Yep, Mana does remind me of here too. I love that Jimmy Cliff made the list, as he's one of my favorites too. I once saw him perform at the Backyard, a fantastic spot in the Texas hillcountry. There are some nice Texas references on here too! Mixing mixing mixing for the season...
Chris
Casa Picasso

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.