Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
#182329 10/02/05 09:15 AM
I live in the cold North, does that count?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#182330 10/02/05 09:33 AM
SANDB, #7891 DOESN'T LIVE IN THE NORTH FULL TIME. UNLESS YOU CALL "FLORIDA" UP NORTH. confused

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
#182331 10/02/05 10:03 AM
"do as I say, not as I do"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#182332 10/02/05 10:19 AM
M
M
Yes, I do live in Florida, but have invested in the North, not just 1 lot, or a condo, but in 6 lots, so I have a interest in what happens, concerning roads. This is not only a investment for future, but a place to live. I personally do like some inforstructure, roads, water, power, and some convience. Unlike Calif., Florida, which has been overrun with bad planning, and a bunch of people who only visit to get away from their city dwellings for a few days, or weeks a year. I have looked up a good number of negative responders, and almost all of you show that you live elseware as main residences.
I can not tell which owens property, but reading the chat room, most of you use this chat room as enjoyment only, with no real sight for future of Belize, otherwise all jokes and pundents could somehow dig deep, and put out some real insight as to what you are looking for, knowing that the north will grow, no matter what. Why not move from your easy chair, easy way of life, with conviences in home town, easy acess to all around, and find out that most could not make it outside the USA full time.
Most of you would be first to conplain when something goes wrong, and could not get to Hospital, or for medicine, police, and the fire dept. A lot of you will go to SP, and North, than go back to your everyday life with all conviences, including drive in theaters, and duncan donuutts.
Now, you can make more jokes if you want, maybeeven fun of me. Go ahead and show me what you got. For those of you who use this chat room, it should give you more to do.
HAVE AT IT

#182333 10/02/05 10:23 AM
M
M
For those who do not konw, or can not figure it out, yes it is Corona Steve from another base station.

#182334 10/02/05 11:11 AM
let me guess , someone must have missed the fact that no roads exist where they bought there property, whoops! maybe we can all chip in and build and maintain a road to his "investment" so he can sell his lots. or maybe we can get the ferry to add a 2bz surcharge on toll to continue the road all the way to mexico eek

#182335 10/02/05 01:05 PM
This reminds me of a lady who bought a ranch in Arizona to "get away from it all" we were (happily) on generators and wells on dirt roads.So the lady who bought decides she wants the "conveniences" after awhile, and fought the whole Valley so she could have her way..she won on the electric but not the road.

Corona if YOU want the conveniences stay in Florida and let everyone have their little bit of heaven on AC *OR* take a bunch of Chill Pills and go with the flow and enjoy the "flavor" of the place...Progress can wait for a few 1000's Belikins...

#182336 10/02/05 02:22 PM
Corona Steve, A number of the folks you're taking shots at on this board have done a lot for San Pedro by donating time, money and effort to make it a better place. Most folks are sceptical of 300 room resorts and Tiger's golf course spouted by visitors with grand money making plans. The bar talk can be incredible and locals have heard all of the grand plans by liars and cheats to "save Belize" or how to make millions on the island! And most of them end up "Just another gringo in Belize". This forum is used by friends and soon to meet friends to discuss the issues, poke some fun and keep in touch until they meet on a barstool in the sand. Building a bridge has pros and cons for most people and developing the north part of AC is a whole other set of issues. The island is already trying to deal with an assortment of infrastructure issues in town. A large development is already in progress up north,"Belize Legacy Resort". As time goes on I'm sure the north will become developed and a road will be cut in. Basil Jones Airport may even become a reality to avoid 10+ mile taxi rides from town to destinations. However buying property and trying to speed up progress usually doesn't make many friends. And telling people they wouldn't make it in the north is ludicrous! In February a number of very well informed island residents will be helping Amanda drink her winning case of Belikin. I invite you to join us for the evening and discuss the issues of "ALL" Belize, not just the north end of AC. And please lay off of the Corona or get spell check, because it's painful to read some of your posts. See you in February. Rich Grimm [email protected] (p.s. Well, I guess we have beaten the hell out of this dead, dead horse!!!) cool

#182337 10/02/05 02:46 PM
laugh

#182338 10/02/05 07:08 PM
Wow,I had no idea how deep this issue of roads up north runs.I did not think that access to a property I own is that great a that great or outlandish.I undertand not wanting the status quo to change,when you think you have found paradise,but the thing changes as time goes on,we have to accept that.I am sure that future changes may not be to my liking but,but I hope I will be man or woman enough to accept the fact that stuff happens.I believe that access to ones property is a given,and I dont mean by water taxi.Try waiting for a water taxi if you need emergency access to medical or police help by water taxi,it aint goig to happen.I reiterate that access should be the responsibility of the seller.What are we so afraid of,is it that the native populatiuon is unworthy of access to the rest of the island,from all of the glowing reports,everybody on this island is friendly and not to be compared to any othe place.why build a bridge to nowhere.T

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.