Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113
#245185 08/16/07 09:58 AM
OP Offline
Anyone keeping an eye on this guy???

[Linked Image]

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I'm supposed to catch a flight to Belize tomorrow morning...I've been watching intently for the past couple of days. Looks like I picked the wrong week for a vacation...I'm working on canceling everything now.

Good luck to all living there! Be safe!

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
Certainly, we are monitoring this hurricane and is hoping that it goes north of us.

Lets keep on praying.

Hea wait a min. I'm North of you.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #245219 08/16/07 04:16 PM
Yea, Me too!! Let it go east. waaaaaaaaay east eek

Hey we were there just north of Elbert G. has week...Felt like Florida....tropical storm moved in just as we arrived Saturday, Aug 4th...Glad we had plenty of booze....we drank and watched the chairs and table on our deck go by.....Wind was strong.

Dean doesn't look like anything like last week...Y'all take care...and keep an eye on this storm....

All the Best,
Ruth

Ruth1 #245224 08/16/07 05:12 PM
I think it will miss, but watching the dive boats, loaded up with all there equipment, leaving today for Belize City is a first for me.

Dive shops have already closed which is so unnecessarily early.

Please everyone pray it misses and remember the people who give their time for rescue etc who will not leave as that is why they give their time.

Last edited by beachboy; 08/16/07 05:12 PM.
OP Offline
beachboy, jesse and belizegial

you bet I'll be prayin. I agree it seems early for dive shops to close down -- you can't be getting any unfavoarble conditions for at least another 48 hours or so -- likely much longer

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
The latest models have all pushed it north of us. I think Cancun must be getting pretty worried, just after they've rebuilt...

G
G
So I'm getting some conflicting information and impressions and wanted to see what the general vibe is down there.

We're supposed to be leaving on a flight down there in about 8 hours. I've been watching Dean like a hawk and while yesterday was looking pretty bad, today things are looking a bit better for Belize, but not so good for Cancun.

We checked with the owner of the house we are staying at and he said the impression he's getting is that it is going to move north, as has been the impression mentioned by some others here.

Obviously I know that things can change at anytime, but I was starting to get a better feeling for Belize to be spared, at least the brunt of it.

I sent an e-mail Steve at FishingSanPedro since I have fishing trips scheduled for early next week to see about rescheduling for later next week to avoid the bad weather and his response was a lot more worrisome.

He indicated that the general feeling is that Dean is heading right for us and is due around Monday or earlier, that he recommends changing plans and look at making recommendations at an inland mainland resort, that if we head out to the island we'll be in the middle of an evacuation.

If it does come in as a Cat 4 or 5 up by Cancun, what kind of impact can we expect down at Ambergris Caye? Should I be trying to reschedule or cancel my trip right now? We've been planning this thing for a year and half, I'd hate to cancel but I'd hate to fly down and be in the middle of a hurricane too.

I know that nothing is definite but whats the overall opinion down there right now?

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.