Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
assuming you have several to choose from, maybe if you say which resorts you are offered, some knowledgeable folks here can help you pick the one that is right for you.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Here are our choices again! They are also in another post:

Brahma Blue, Costa Maya, Reef Village or Aquamarina Suites(or Sunbreeze suites?), Captain Morgan's Vacation Beach Club.

If they offer us a 2br at any of these, for those in the know: which is the most suitable/best.

Like I said before...not a big deal for us, but we want our guests to be happy too.

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
Karen, We own at Captain Morgan's and they have 2 and 3 bdrm units but they are closed in September. We own 3 timeshares and have NEVER had a problem trading anywhere. We have been to St. Thomas, St John's, Cayman, Aruba, St. Maarten, California, Florida and Barbados.

Sunbreeze would be your best bet cause it is in the heart of town.

Good luck!

Skippy? Just wondering if you're all right? Those leaps to conclusions can hurt a body.

Originally Posted by ckocian
Slam?

Nope, don't represent anyone. Just a seasoned traveler who has been going to Belize for the last 15 years but I don't go to AC any more. Too depressing.

Your loss, AC's gain.

Your bad attitude shows. The owners of Belize Legacy are great people, very generous and hard working. They walked the walk in building and operating a first-class resort on AC. Unsubstantiated and unfair criticisms of them doesn't sit well with me. The thread author owes them an apology. You somehow seem to know the intricacies of his/her timeshare situation, and knew that Belize Legacy had no fault in the matter.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh boy! What have we started here?? It seems like it may have sounded like I was "slamming" Belize Legacy? I do not know the owners nor the property. The pictures look very nice of the property, the reviews were good. BUT, BLBR itself has not responded to my reply when I asked if they were indeed closing for those dates and it has been going on four days now. In all fairness, II should be the one to make it right with us. Again, I have been happy with all the places we have stayed in the past and I am very excited about our trip to Belize as I have heard nothing but good things about AC.

C
C
Don't apologize. You were rightly worried because of your upcoming hotel reservations changed, which was based on an apparent lack of communication. I would be too. People posting here just personalize things far too much, far too easily.

"In all fairness, II should be the one to make it right with us"

There we go. Three pages and we finally get to heart of the matter. An exemplary resort on AC gets criticized due to a middleman/timeshare company? Not good for AC or the resort. If you knew them or how hard they work at being a great place, you would understand the concern about unfair criticism. They are the perfect example of what posters on this forum seem to think is the ideal type of resort. They deserve kudos, not criticism or innuendo.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Skippy I undestand where your going with this it is obvious you have a vested intrest in this .So what you are saying is the time share company messed up the booking not the resort ..I can see that happening ..Why A first class resort would want to work with time share is a other post and and for other time .I have never been to this property so I will take you for your word it is first class ..Anyway people who travel,time share or not always go to the resort for info and questions when they feel uneasy unless they book it thru a travel agent .So it makes sense to me that these folks would blame the resort.And yes i have lots of knowledge about things like this as i am in this business not time share heaven forbid end of this ,but a travel agent who helps people make dreams come true.I am now semi retired but have sold hundreds of millions of travel over the years ..When People are asking for help and advice you need to put your foot in there shoes ..And yes one day i would like to see this place and meet the people who run it .I will able to tell in five min.If they can talk the talk and walk the walk .These nice people need a living the dream trip i hope they have the best vacation of there lives ..

Last edited by captjeff; 05/13/09 01:35 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Capt. Jeff, thank you. We are worried. We had plans, we made our airline reservations, etc. and now we have to handle things that should not have to be handled by us. I am counting on II to come through. I have gone above and beyond what I can to repair the situation: contacting customer service by phone, emailing BLBR to get exact time they notified II about their closing, emails to II management, etc. So, I will keep you guys updated.
Skippy, it does sound like you have a vested interest in BLBR. I am glad you are happy with them. I wish we could experience the resort ourselves, but alas...that is not meant to be. If you have some insider's knowledge, send me a PM. Brenda there has been very helpful, but I have had to email her more than once to get the info I need. I am sure she is busy handling other reservations, however.
All we really want is a great vacation as we have had in the past in the Caribbean for our anniversary. Hopefulyy, that will happen!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.