Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
G
I hope this might end this endless thread, but maybe not. Not to offend time shares, but after many sales pitches over 30 some years, if something sounds to good to be true, be wary. I was tempted but never bought in. People that are happy with time shares seem to be flexible, and don't mind making changes. I would never consider a time share to be used in something like a commemorative like a honeymoon. I would never consider a time share a sure bet during a quiet season on a very small island. Does anybody remember when the only time share on the island was the Yacht Club? Please people, economy of scale is a very relevant concept here. Anyone who hasn't been here before might not know how small this place is, when the quiet seasons are, and local resort customs. Oh, there is a global economy issue too.

Skippy, take a chill pill. Ranting and throwing acusations around about everyone won't help or solve the pending lodging dilemma.
You must know Kevin and Rod at Legacy very well. Phone them and let them know what is up here at the AC.com message board. They are both great guys and will make it right for kdkis2 if they can.

Having someone to blame and making it a big deal is NOT the island way. This is BELIZE where we don't take life too seriously. Please do not stress yourself out over a little thing like making a change in lodging. What if the place had burned down? What would you do then? What if it went bankrupt? What would you do then?
It is no big deal to make a change and my way of living tells me that it always works out for the best. You could possibly end up with a far far better place than you even dreamed of.
Just get on with your life, sit back, enjoy the ride. And when you get to where ever it is you are going have a good time.

If you can't do that you will not like our little island.

And a good operations does not need a lot of defense.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
well said harriette

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys! As I said before. We (my husband and I) are very flexible and adventurous. We've stayed in hostels/Pensiones. We know that we will have a great time because we venture out. We are mainly concerned for our guests (who are older) that are going with us. They now have a sofa sleeper to sleep on and it just won't work for them. Now, they may have to pay for a place to stay. I mainly wanted to know if anyone knew what was going on with BLBR because I did not get a response from them initially. And I wish we could have known sooner about the closing because our friends could have not booked their air. I am being patient about this. Giving it some time. I hope it does work out for us. We are anxiously looking forward to our trip and AC.

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
T
T
Originally Posted by GwenA
I hope this might end this endless thread, but maybe not. Not to offend time shares, but after many sales pitches over 30 some years, if something sounds to good to be true, be wary. I was tempted but never bought in. People that are happy with time shares seem to be flexible, and don't mind making changes. I would never consider a time share to be used in something like a commemorative like a honeymoon. I would never consider a time share a sure bet during a quiet season on a very small island. Does anybody remember when the only time share on the island was the Yacht Club? Please people, economy of scale is a very relevant concept here. Anyone who hasn't been here before might not know how small this place is, when the quiet seasons are, and local resort customs. Oh, there is a global economy issue too.

I know I'm gonna hate myself for saying this but I wonder about the advice from someone who keeps attending "sales Pitches" for 30 years that they don't trust enough to "buy in"

You get LOTS of free stuff at those time share meetings!!!!

G
G
Trust what you want to...bought a lot, built a house, and live here now. As far as the 30 years, there weren't many pitches, and yes it sometimes involved some free golf at some great courses.

N
N
We just spoke with Interval International and they have no idea what to do about our reservations. We were suppose to stay at Legacy for 17th Wedding Anniversary...5 people booked for this trip and confirmed on December 24th , plane tickets bought February 02, and I was told by Joshua at II that II knew about this in January/2009. Told Joshua they never told us about this because I found out by e-mailing the resort for some information. II is at fault, not Legacy. Legacy did what they were suppose to do and II never followed thru by telling the 60 people booked for this resort. I am truly disappointed that I will not get to go to Legacy, but I donot blame them. We have never had a problem with II before, but this is a big one and I am not sure how they can resolve it....they are suppose to get back with us Monday regarding this error....will keep you posted on this one! If anyone else is involved in this mess...let me know how it was resolved..I do not want to stay at Brahma Blue/too far away....Niklauryn

"II is at fault, not Legacy. Legacy did what they were suppose to do and II never followed thru by telling the 60 people booked for this resort."

Thank you for having the integrity to post the truth. Maybe now the apologies to Rod and Kevin and one of the top resorts in AC (#2 on TripAdviser for a long time) will be forthcoming if the accusers have any integrity. But since the thread author has an agenda, that is likely not forthcoming.

Yeah reaper, Rod and Kevin are friends, and they and Belize Legacy have done a lot more for AC and Belize than anyone else posting in this thread. Remember the Sapphire Beach (aka SB) threads? Well, they are the precise opposite of that situation. They didn't make promises, they actually did what they said they would do, and continue to run the highest quality resort. The rave reviews prove that. So stuff your criticism of someone trying to defend them against false charges, which this entire thread has been full of. Save it for the liars. How this has been allowed to fester on this board, I have no idea. How is II more important than Belize Legacy to AC?

Yes, I knew the truth early on, bcause I bothered to check as soon as the charges were made by the thread author. Anyone could have done the same, but instead a lot of uninformed stupidity was posted. Get a grip, people. You disbelieve a local business, but believe a total stranger who showed up with this thread.

Oh, I did inform them of the thread, reaper.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.