Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
Don't quite understand what you're saying, TQ. My views haven't been arrived at through a closed mind, but from evidence I've seen reported that has already convinced a court of law. Or is the problem that my views don't correspond with yours? Do bear in mind that someone killed her, and most brutally. You can't just exonerate everyone because you don't want to think ill of them.

That said, I woke up this morning with some different ideas in my head. I think I may have dreamt about the subject, though I don't remember that. I now feel uncomfortable about the Congolese that she accused who was subsequently cleared on the basis of alibis. I know absolutely nothing about him and I haven't read either her accusation or the reasons he was cleared, but he comes from an unbelievably bestial part of the world - I know, I was there for several months once - and brutal murder is a normal part of the culture there. Human life counts for absolutely nothing, and they practised cannibalism as recently as the 1960's. I emphasis that I am in no way making an accusation, but I'd be very interested to go into those alibis that apparently totally cleared him with a very fine toothcomb.

Originally Posted by Peter Jones
It's clear that she isn't the person her parents want her to be - it seems to be non-controversial that on the train to Perugia when she first went there, not a very long journey, she had sex with a total stranger. Then with quite a few others during her time there.

It just seems this keeps getting brought up but bares no evidence that she was involved in the killing. It's like overkill on her sexuality.

P
P
No, but it does bear on her character. Her parents and other supporters were using her alleged past character as evidence that she couldn't possibly have committed the crime. From how they describe her it would be inconceivable that she could behave so sexually promiscuously. Something doesn't connect.

I thought the Congolese guy was tried first and separately and got life? Or was there yet again, a fourth person supposedly involved in this?

Last edited by seashell; 12/10/09 12:59 PM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

RMT Offline
SS there is another man that they are referring to who I believe was the owner of the bar where she worked. He was cleared and he is now suing her for defamation or something along those lines. She accused him but said afterwards she did it under stress during the interrogation.

TQ, I agree with you and that was why I asked Peter why he thought she was guilty. It seems to me that being a Slut does not necessarily make one a murderer IF she WAS in fact that. I am probably going to catch some flack for this but IF she was a man would we even be talking about her sex life? Just a thought.

Peter you say it's based on evidence but my opinion is as well due to the lack there of. There wasn't any DNA found of hers at what was a horrific crime scene. Her DNA was found, but in a bathroom she shared with this poor lady. As far as a bloody footprint that you mentioned, I never saw anything about that...? I could be wrong however.

I don't know. She seems to me to be a slightly flaky, young, naive girl but not one caplable of this horrible act. Just my opinion however. No one is ignoring the fact that a beautiful young woman was murdered. I hope the right people are being punished is all.

RMT #360993 12/10/09 02:53 PM
agreed, RMT

P
P
Originally Posted by RMT
It seems to me that being a Slut does not necessarily make one a murderer IF she WAS in fact that

I agree with you, but that's not the point. The point is that her family (apparently) genuinely believe she is an angelic product of her Jesuit education and no more capable of sluttish behaviour (which is not disputed by the defence, though of course they don't use that word) than of the crime she was charged with. They base their defence of her (in the public arena) initially on her pure white character.

Now whether there was enough detailed evidence to convict her I don't know, and nor do any of us. We only know what's been reported. Suffice to say that the Court did find the evidence convincing. Have you seen that she has willingly stated from prison that she believes her trial to have been fair and just? She doesn't agree with the outcome of course, but she has no problem with the process. Or so it's reported.

RMT, yes, I knew about the bar owner, just didnt know he was Congolese?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

RMT Offline
Yes, Patrick Lumumba the pub owner is Congolese. He is the 4th person, although freed.

Rhonda

Last edited by RMT; 12/10/09 09:56 PM. Reason: 4th person
RMT #361029 12/10/09 09:41 PM
RMT Offline
No, Peter I hadn't read what she thought of the verdict...yet.

I am going to go read up on Jesuits because I think you have an issue with them. Now I am curious. I don't mean any disrespect by that either.
She seemed to me to have a normal upbringing, sports, good student ect.,. Women like that don't tend to "turn" on each other in such a brutal fashion.
Maybe it's because I am a woman and a mom that I see things differently than you. Thanks for your response Peter.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.