Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
elbert #438027 05/15/12 04:00 PM
L
L
love the response elbert. good call.

elbert #438032 05/15/12 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by elbert
More laws! ya just kinda make this up as you go along Amanda or is there some place we can see this written down?
I'm in Belize where there is no such thing as a private beach or private dock. You must be on Fantasy Island, with some apartheid group.

No, I read the same laws as you do - the difference is that I also keep track of the changes and clarifications too. The base law is open to serious interpretation. You just have to get a qualified person to make the interpretation for you.

I am partial to Fantasy Island for vacations I but prefer living here as it is more stimulating and challenging.

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Originally Posted by elbert
More laws! ya just kinda make this up as you go along Amanda or is there some place we can see this written down?
I'm in Belize where there is no such thing as a private beach or private dock. You must be on Fantasy Island, with some apartheid group.

No, I read the same laws as you do - the difference is that I also keep track of the changes and clarifications too. The base law is open to serious interpretation. You just have to get a qualified person to make the interpretation for you.

I am partial to Fantasy Island for vacations I but prefer living here as it is more stimulating and challenging.

Being a Realtor, it is extremely important to be up to date on laws pretaining to land and land ownership..........good job Amanda!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Yes walking should be allowed. I am not convinced bikes are okay on the beach. You know when a pack of bikes starts racing it can get pretty hairy out there!

The beach "reserve" is plotted on private property. The underlying title belongs to the land owner but he is required to leave the land undeveloped to allow folks to walk along the coast line. The beach reserve doesn't belong to the government or the Queen.

So again I say, Where are these laws written down?
I'm accusing you of just making this up, don't you want to prove me wrong?
I say No Private Beaches and No Private Piers, no such thing.
Who are these experts and where are their opinions?
I don't see any thing in here: http://www.belizelaw.org/
Please, lets see it!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #438037 05/15/12 08:33 PM
Unlike you I don't need to argue and you can't bruise my ego, so no, I don't need to justify or quantify anything to you, even if you demand it. This is a message board not a court of law.

If you want a true professional and accurate legal opinion I suggest you hire a top Belizean law firm as I did. Cost for and in depth opinions run just under $10K.
I am not a lawyer, but I guess I could play one on a message board.

Sorry I don't want to play Elbert, but I am not in any mood to spar these days. Hell, I don't even talk to Pedro these days. It just takes too much effort.

elbert #438038 05/15/12 08:51 PM
S
S
Elbert, I go to that site often as well but you have to take into account that most of the text is only current to 2000. You have to go through the gazette's to find the changes in law (if you're lucky enough to find them online). The most current gun laws aren't on that site but we all know they exist...

elbert #438039 05/15/12 09:16 PM
I subscribe to the gazette, it is about of tonne of paper each year, additional lrule and regulations, proposed laws and new bills and statutory instruments. Lots of other info too. Well worth the annual fee. But a bear to read sometimes with all that legalese.

elbert #438048 05/16/12 01:04 AM
OK, so I can walk on the beaches. Cool.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

elbert #438051 05/16/12 06:41 AM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll keep looking. Granted laws do change but still no evidence that this has.
Its worth pursuing. When I visit places like Utila and Roatan I hear the common people rumbling about foreigners coming to their islands and making private beaches, Angry rumblings the kind that grow in to dangerous dissension. I spent two weeks in the middle of a revolution in Honduras and listened to comments of the people. They quickly shifted from the real issues of the revolution to 'Get the Gringos'.... I would like to keep my pride that Belize isn't like those places because we're not overly class conscious and the gap between rich and poor isn't so wide. Seems almost silly that a thing like private beaches and piers would be so important but I feel its fuel for a fire.
I promise you that when the Sanpedranos drive their families North to the beach on Sundays and see things like the photo at the top of this thread, they say "Those [#%!] in Gringos".

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #438052 05/16/12 07:31 AM
Hello folks - the sign has been down since about 10 am yesterday.
Tempest in a teapot - so much could have been avoided with a friendly phone call and a smile.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.