Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51950 04/24/02 10:27 PM
P
pudge Offline OP
OP Offline
P
We have friends that stayed at Banyon Bay and really liked it. They said to check on Ramon's as another possibility. I would love to have other opinions about both places. Thanks.

C
C
The grounds at Ramon's are very nice (clean and very tropical), but I thought the rooms and the restaurant are pretty so-so for the amount of money you spend.

At Banyan Bay, you get a 1,000 square foot two-bedroom, two-bath apartment, beautifully decorated and finished with tropical hardwoods. There's a full kitchen, living room and in most units a balcony with seaviews. Big beautiful pool, and the on-site restaurant, Rico's, while perhaps not the best restaurant on the island, has a beautiful setting right on the water and is certainly good for breakfast and lunch. The beach here is one of the best on the island.

Ramon's certainly has a good location and the more expensive suites and rooms are quite nice, and it has more of active atmosphere, but I've never heard anyone say they were disappointed in Banyan Bay.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
P
pudge Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like Banyon Bay is the place. I probably need a copy of Mr. Sluder's book as well.

R
R
Ramons has beautiful thatch cabañas in a very tropical setting. Great bar,super pool.
I have always prefered Ramons but I guess Lan got a FREE room from Banyon Bay and that is the only reason he recommends them. He is well known among resort owners in Belize for this type of practise. Yet many refuse to fall for his mafia style tactics.

I've never had a free room at Ramon's or even wanted one. I find the standard rooms to be "not all that". Compared to many other accommodations on the island, you are definitely not getting as good value. That is my opinion based on personal observation and comparison for myself.

Many people like different things. That's why there's vanilla and chocolate ice cream.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

T
T
I didn't stay at either place but I did visit both. I thought the grounds at Banyan Bay were very nice, including the pool. The beach area was really nice too. I ate at the restaurant, Rico's, twice for lunch. They have a great outdoor patio and their shrimp burrito was the best I have ever had. Yum!

Ramon's, in my opinion, was very "touristy". The food there was incredibly average...nothing to write home about. Again, this is just my opinion. [Linked Image]

Enjoy AC...I sure did and can't wait to return!

Tami [Linked Image]

O
O
Sorry Tami....we were there and aren't "tourists"....know you & friends were all over the island....Amy and I enjoyed the relaxation at Ramon's...sorry we missed you there.Only had one breakfast there so can't compare meals. Can't beat their bloodie mary's!!

KC Offline
Ragga,
How rude. You have done Ramone's no favor by posting your sour grapes.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
T
T
"To each his own"...very true. People ask opinions and others give it. I am sure both places are great to stay...I just had an opinion of which I thought was better.

We stayed at Victoria House and when we return, I would definitely stay there again. It was an awesome place...all around.

I am sure whichever place you decide to stay at, you will have a great time. You will be in paradise, after all.

Have Fun!

[This message has been edited by Tami (edited 04-28-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 209 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.