Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I also would recommend Billy from Hustler's. We went there (Belize) to only snorkel and we felt so comfortable with the whole group there at Hustler's that we went ahead and did the whole diver certification course with Billy. What an experience!!! smile

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
Boy was I upside down when I wrote "south of town?" eek Thanks for the correction.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
D
I'll be staying about 1 mile north of San Pedro. Which of the recommended dive schools is easily accessible from that location?

If you are one mile north of town you will be near Alonzo Flota and his "custom-diving" service - he can do full certification and is a great diver & guide - is also very safety conscious. His dive operation is called "Under da Sea" and is based at El Pescador Lodge. Contact Alonzo via this e-mail address: <[email protected]>

D
D
I contacted Alonzo and was surprised to find that his certification course is about twice as long as the others - eg Hustler, Blue Hole etc. Any idea why his should take longer? Am I missing anything if I opt for the shorter ones? Interestingly, they all grant the same certification and are all the same price!

E
EP Offline
E
Alonzo's PADI full certification course takes 4 days - 2 days of diving and 2 days of class room work. If you only need a Refferal Course to complete your open water dives - it will just take the 2 days of diving.

Have a Great time!

here's a note from Alonzo:
///////
Good question. I told David that the course will take 4 days but did not
mention that some time it takes 6 days. I can do an Open Water Course in 3
days if the weather is in great conditions and the person is very good
student and good in the water. I think that 4 days 6 to 8 hours a day is
just enough for a person to learn how to be a great diver and I will help
them acomplish that.

Regards
Alonzo

Marty;

Could you relay to Alonzo that Lee will only need the 4 Certification Dives.

"Hello: I'll be in AC in February and want to do my open water dives for certification there (will have all of the pool and book stuff done)."

Looks like he's under the impression that Lee needs a full Open Water course from scratch.

Hustler, Blue Hole etc. would take 2 days (which is entirely proper and correct) for the 4 certification dives, weather permitting. I think Alonzo would be able to offer the same time frame.

thanks Chris, just messaged Alonzo...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.