Having fun???
I guess you should count your blessing for every time you crossed and were not charged.
For those of you who are less suspicious - it is supposedly B $1.00 for pedestrians and BZ $10.00 round trip. Beware that round trip is considered the same day.

The only time I heard of a rip off was when friends bought a round trip going north one night and tried to use it coming south the next morning. They would not honor it.
Those of us who use the ferry a lot buy a monthly pass for BZ $150.00.

These are the rates the town board charges from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Other hours it is run by private enterprise and is BZ $10.00 each way for golf carts and they do charge the BZ $1.00 for pedestrians. That is one of the reasons that from 6:00 AM until 7:00 AM the ferry is packed with workers heading north. Anyone with a golf cart should not even think about trying to get on. The same is true from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM coming south when the workers come back. ONLY when the police are there monitoring the traffic do they obey the posted rule "golf carts on first."

The only pedestrians I ever see pay are tourists. I have never seen a bicycle pay even though they consistently crowd in front of the golf carts. It will be curious to see if, when (and if), the bridge is opened they will start charging these free loaders.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles