weile...
I am soooooo glad I hadn't taken my pills yet when I stumbled upon your comments above. Now may I make comments as I pop each pill?

Pill by pill diatribe...

Pill #1. Glenn and Colleen didn't start this conversation. Someone named Ricky did and who joined here on 6-12-2002 and has made 12 postings.

Pill #2. In addition to this part of the board there is the About Ambergris Caye where the original poster probably should have made the first posting, and then a secondary posting here... in the little less reverent section. You need to understand the lay of the land before you bitch.

Pill #3. General Chat Area
Wanting to chat together with regular visitors to the message board? Here's the place. This section is for those of us who like to chat, joke around, etc. And I refer to Plain Jane's original posting to Marty back a few years, in regards to creating this area of the board, just for the purpose of yapping away.

Pill #4. This is not to mean that the jazz festival can't be advertised here, but the poster should realize that the posting may eventually become something more different than was originally posted... as happens to every posting here it seems.

Pill #5. The people that frequent this section do have their serious side and do support endeavors on AC... to wit: the San Pedro Social Club. I don't think anyone realized that all monies raised will be donated by the Jazz Fest, to the Chamber of Commerce, until first mentioned by Glenn and Colleen in their posting on 18 August and to my knowledge never by the original poster.

Pill #6. And lastly... you joined this board on 3-19-02 and have posted 17 comments so far. Hardly the criteria for someone who should be on here blasting people when they really haven't been here to realize how good these people are towards the island... where you live.

Pill #7. Now lastly... Congrats to Glenn and Colleen... I hope this event turns out to be a success and the monies raised and turned over to the Chamber, does the island good and becomes an annual event.

Pill #8. And now, really lastly... your comment "the people doing this are true music lovers, who are trying to do something good on this little island, instead of just bitching about how "nothing ever happens". How about the visitors to the island? Frequent vacationers? People that bring money onto your "little island"? where upon if they didn't come and spend their tourist dollars you would be back in the fishing business and you wouldn't survive in a fishing economy. These board people that you refer to are the ones that keep AC pumped. How?? Geez, dunno... constantly frequenting this board and chatting about how great the island is and everyone should visit it (and spend money) Again hats off to Colleen and Glenn... I only wish I could be there for this charitable event.

Have a nice day friend.

P.S. I don't know what business you are in, but please do not apply to the Belize Tourism Board, as they have enough problems.

P.S.S. Whoa baby! Did I really write that above? I need to start coming here in the mornings BEFORE I take my pills more often! eek

[DISCLAIMER]: The preceeding was brought to you by Prozac, Trazadone and the letter M which stands for Mirtazapine. In no way was I being critical or biased towards any living, breathing or anything or anyone trying to impersonate a normal whatever. Names have been disguised and I accept no responsibilities for the aforementioned due to my impaired and medically sanctioned state of mind. And I thank you.