wj and i had a good visit with denny, joanne, and some other failiy members. he has a long way to go but there was some progress. we were there quite a while so i think we tired him out. the staff also indicated that he had been up a couple of hours that day in a wheelchair, and that they would do that on a daily basis.
he has a good hard squeeze in his right hand. he is required to wear a hospital mitten so that he doesn't jack with all of his tubes, hoses, etc. and he does try to pull on them. he also moved his right leg frequently.
more than once we asked if he could hear us & he would give us a thumbs up (on command) or a very small head nod. he would even try to move his lips ever so slightly as tho he wanted to speak. he even turned his eyes towards us when we would be speaking to him on one side of the bed or the other. this was not constant, it was maybe 2 or 3 times at best.
on the previous night, wj, joanne and her husband all swear up & down that he spoke. i will let becky tell that story & fill in any details that i have missed.
it is possible that he will be moved this week. it should be a facility that can work better with his needs. he has a very long recovery ahead. keep up the good prayers, thoughts & vibes for our buddy.