Research assistant wanted to help update popular Belize guidebook.
- journalism/writing/research experience
- guidebook experience or published travel writing
- familiarity with Belize
- already living in Belize a big plus
- highly organized and have laptop
- insane, borderline-compulsive attention to detail
Guidebook work is mostly tedious, tiring, and thankless, with only brief flashes of glory, but it's also an excuse to travel and chance to make some cash. You will need to inspect scores of hotels, bus stations, water taxi terminals, restaurants, etc. Payment is per updated chapter, depends on size/complexity of region, and does not include expense account.
To apply, please send a resume, links to published works, and letter of intent to:
jberman AT gmail DOT com