Personaly, I think that diving is a pretty serious matter. It depends exactly what level you want to take it to, I guess.

I mean it seems easy enough going along with experienced divers and guides. It usually is. But things can go to hell in a hurry. If you've never been involved in a diving emergency you may not realize what it actually means to be 100' underwater and have your air supply fail.

I read a story on another thread about someone taking Open Water Diver in AC and then going out to the Blue Hole and diving. It made me kind of mad. Man, everyone was screwing up there. The diver, her parents, the divemaster.

Here is a basic guideline. If you are unsure if you can do something, don't attempt it. If you do not feel confident about something, don't do it. Take your time, build your schooling, your experience and your skills. Your self-confidence will grow with those things. At a certain point you will look at something like the Blue Hole and say to yourself, "Piece of cake." Only then should it be done. Learn to walk before you try to run.

Sometime soon I"ll make a post about my first diving accident. As you'll see, it's the little things that spank you. Thing is, the sea doesn't forgive even little mistakes.