Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#101367 04/25/05 11:06 AM
Hey Pedro

I am going to take your advice and go to Disney World.

I have read the warnings about travelling in the United States of America and have ascertained that the only SAFE place for Belizeans to visit in the US is Disney World and Disney Land.

#101368 04/25/05 11:43 AM
Mickey M has just been awarded an Armalite assault rifle by the Gun Lobby-now we know that it is safe

#101369 04/25/05 11:47 AM
S
S
Re-Post

from US Embassy:

The information below might prove helpful if you receive inquiries from concerned U.S. citizens and intending travelers:

In the Embassy's estimate, it is unnecessary to ask U.S. citizens to defer their travel to Belize. There are no indications of any anti-U.S. sentiments, or that U.S. citizens or interests, or other foreigners, are at any greater risk. U.S. citizens should be aware that they may face inconveniences arising from the disruption of normal telecommunications (we understand that a few airline flights have had to be cancelled because the airlines had difficulty communicating passenger lists and other info, rather than because of any security concerns). While some flights have been cancelled, the airport continues operations. The Government maintains that telecommunications soon will be fully restored, and they are making progress. The cruise ship industry and tourism village at the port are operating normally, with no disruption of arrivals or tours of inland sites. If conditions change, a travel advisory will be issued.

Regards,

U.S. Consul Belize

#101370 04/25/05 11:52 AM
S
S
ob�tuse
adj. ob�tus�er, ob�tus�est

Lacking quickness of perception or intellect.

Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse remark.

#101371 04/25/05 12:00 PM
J
J
I'll be in San Pedro on the 27th and can't wait! It will be my 12th time to belize in 4 yrs and the only thing bad that has ever happened to me was i got rained out and couldn't dive because of high winds!! and i will take Belize over most any U.S. city any day of the week!! Have never had a bad experience there, not so much as being short changed.... john in denver

#101372 04/25/05 12:30 PM
N
N
We were supposed to be on the US Air flight that was cancelled last Thursday, at the end of 8 wonderful days in Belize. I think US Air over-reacted, but it was made worse by the fact that their staff at the airport could not (or would not) give any reason for the cancellation. We heard from the pilot on our flight the next day that flights were cancelled "due to the uncertain situation." In addition, the internet at the airport was down for several hours, so passengers could not be rebooked to their destinations. (US Air offered to put us on the AA flight to Dallas, but then we'd have to figure out from there how to get back to NC.)

I certainly would not hesitate to go back - just expect the unexpected. It might help to be a little familiar with your other flight options, just in case. (We've flown thru DFW enough to know that we could not get home from there after the AA flight would arrive. So we opted to spend the night in Belize City rather than at the DFW airport, and to take the US Air flight the next day.)

On the other note, I felt perfectly safe - even welcomed - everywhere we went. The communications problems were definitely an inconvenience - without phone lines, the ATMs don't work, and a lot of places couldn't handle credit cards. But nothing worse than that.

#101373 04/25/05 03:33 PM
I think the worst of Belize is pretty much right here on this board, posting messages.

* I Go Pogo *
#101374 04/25/05 04:07 PM
If I offended any one here, too bad. The shoot the messenger attitude of the pollyanna's on this board is amusing. This board is of no value whatsoever if it only posts "good News' and ignores the reality of the situation. It happens that I was in Belize in February, had a nice time and might return someday. But I won't be looking most of you up when I do.

The good news is I deverted some of the bashing of Lan Sluder, who is worth more than most of the rest of you put together.

To all the fools who have gotten personal, bye and best of luck.

#101375 04/25/05 04:09 PM
Oh, SimonB, that qoute you posted, supposedly from the US Consul, its phoney.

#101376 04/25/05 04:17 PM
Obtuse, keeping posting, don't let some offend you. They have hoof in mouth problems.

Dare To Deviate
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 88 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.