Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
First let me thank you for all the help you've given me over the years of traveling to Belize. Another couple of questions have now come up. First, is there a house with 4 or 5 private bedrooms near town our group might be able to rent for a week next January or February? We want to be a very short walk to town if possible. Second, can you buy liquor at the Belize International airport duty free shop as you arrive or only as you leave? Thanks in advance of your help.

Hon Offline
//ambergriscaye.com/ofarrell/index.html

...and you can only buy duty free liquor at the international airport as you leave Belize.

Why not buy liquor at the duty free as you leave the US and just pick up a bottle of the local stuff when you get to Belize? One Barrel is dirt cheap anyway.

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
I have a 5 bed 4 bath house-i/2 mile to town -some availability

D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We did that last time and the duty free in Dallas was twice as expensive as the duty free in Belize airport. How far is you house from the water?

D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Has anyone else ever stayed in a house close to town they might recommend?

Most of the larger homes, to my knowledge (and if I'm wrong, be sure--someone will tell us) are out from town. What you are asking for is most likely new construction in past few years and would be out of town. Belizeans, for the most part, just don't build big monsters like that.

Looked at the "lodging" and "real estate" sections of this site yet?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Debbo, you didn't say what price range your group is considering but take a look at Casa Azul(I think it is called) at Victoria House. It has a main house area, containing a large kitchen, entertainment/lounging area and wonderful master suite. On the upper floor, it has attached but completely separate bedrooms (3 if I recall correctly). The house comes with a private pool. Since this house is part of the Victoria House resort, you would also have complete access to all other amenities and it is a decent distance from town.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hon Offline
What exactly are you looking for that O'Farrell House doesn't provide? We met people who were staying there and they absoutely raved about it laugh

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
K
K
DEBBO: Take a look at Casa Caracol. It's website is on the scroll down menu on the home page.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
First, seashell, if I'm not mistaken Victoria House is quite a ways from town. We'd like to be really close because we love eating at Elvi's, going to get breakfast at Ruby's, being close to grocery and liquor stores, walking around town, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. Hon, O'Farrell House looks lovely, I just like to shop and compare...typical woman. You're right, people who have stayed there love it. I have looked at the lodging site carefully, but they're not always very clear in how close they are to town, layout of bedroom and bathrooms, etc. Thanks for all your input.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.