Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Is there any way if you can tell if our two attempts at donations went through? They would be under the name Michelle Benedict. Please let us know. Thank you!

And, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's only twenty bucks Simon's asking for.

Just do it. I never met an island dog I didn't like.

Then go over to www.sanpedrosc.org and do the same thing for the kids' school lunch program.

Forty bucks total, for God's sake. Skip whatever.

* I Go Pogo *
SimonB, I will donate to SAGA. Your intentions are very well taken....so are the many that have posted regarding this topic. I think everyone has to look at the whole picture. The main thing is GIVING.....what ever you can afford.....and to what ever cause you feel good about......just give. My wife and I will be living on AC soon. We will be taking the beautiful benefits the Island has to offer....we will also support every cause we are able to afford. To each his own.....do not criticize....step up to the plate and GIVE to whatever cause you think you should support....don't EVER question someone who wants to GIVE. Enough said! smile

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Simon - I will bring my $20 with me in 2 weeks and deliver in person. Thank you for reminding us that the current shelter will have to be relinquished in October.

So many worthy causes have been discussed on this message board, and always, everyone has step up to the plate and rallied to each and every cause. I hope that this cause is no exception.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Simon - Our $20 comes w/us Sept 1. Also, I have a few small stainless steel feeding dishes and some used collars and leashes from my departed dalmation which are too big for our new mutt from the pound. Could SAGA use these if we brought them along?

...I only have a ball of string and an unknown key in my pocket, but they're yours!!!!

Gone fishing!!
simon yours is a good cause .keep up the good work.and will help you guys anyway I can as you as you already know ..and I will do more,,,..make it happen.. ..cheers..

Living The Dream Every Day!
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi.

Mr. Ghandi belived deeply in the rights of people. He understood that compassion and wisdom are all-pervasive attitudes that do not turn off and on from one creature or situation to the next.

For those who want benefit from their investment in SAGA., I offer the following food for thought -
Health? - rabies, roaming packs of dogs et.
Tourism? - starving dogs and cats laying around the streets of San Pedro are not exactly what our guests want to see.
Friendship - a well-trained pet is a good companion, a comfort to elderly or confined persons, a playmate to a child, and can be a defender to the weak.

The old way in San Pedro was to go out with poison every six months and kill dogs and cats found on the street - painfully - is this the message you want to pass on to the disadvantaged children of the village? Kill dogs / kill cats? Great thinking, what wonderful citizens that makes.

Balance, balance. All of us - people, plants, animals, rocks and water - all of us - are part of life. None of it can be ignored without damaging the rest.

It is entirely possible to support Saga, give scholarships to kids, sponsor bike races for grown-ups, donate to criminal-reward funds, by stuff you don't need from people who are trying to make a dollar, and pick up garbage off the beach - all of it needs doing, and if you get your head in the right place, doing it will come as naturally as breathing.

If you have a computer and time to be on this board, you have more than $20 extra. Try skipping lunch (or after-work drinks) once a week, take your lunch-money and donate it to something as grass-roots as SAGA - without fanfare, without somebody badgering you do to it. You'll feel better inside and out.

Most charities have at least an 80% overhead - Red Cross, United Way - read their disclosures - at most, 20 cents of every dollar you give gets to a repient - not too good. At SAGA every dollar is spent on the project.

These animals have nobody but us.

E
E
O.K. Simon, I will send mine down next week, but I ain't skippin' nuthin !

Ernie

www.sanpedrosc.org

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
way to go boss! wink

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.