Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#123849 06/20/06 12:48 PM
OP Offline
Hip, hip, hooray! Today is the first day that American's website has quoted me a price on the trip I'm planning for February 2007. Right now the price is $480. (incl. tax, title & license) and I may never see the $310. (w/ tt&l) that they are offering now through 11/15/06. But let the dreaming begin...I can't wait to get back to AC/CC. laugh

Be a pal, save a Dal.
$480 (including taxes) is good for Feb. I'd grab it if I were you.

OP Offline
Thanks for the advice BK...I guess you would know...it will be my first trip in 'high' season...1st was Thanksgiving week and 2nd was early May. But to tell you the truth, I think maybe I got ahold of something wacky because when I checked AA's site the next day their calendars wouldn't go past December 2006. Guess I'll just have to keep checking!

Be a pal, save a Dal.
Keep checking - sometimes they program in fares for only a few hours. If you see something too good to be true - grab it. Once you get a confirmation number, it's yours - mistake or no. Feb 2007 rates should be posted by now, try again.
Best to program your city pairs in to a program like Travelocity or Yahoo Travel where they notify you whenever the rate changes - then go directly to that airline's website and see if you can find the same fare & purchase it there.

When I see a good fare I put a hold on it. American says they will honor a fare for 24 hours but the truth is that sometimes it for several days.
With a hold on it I can see if I can make the other arrangements around the selected dates.
If I'm coming up on the expiration time on the hold I can go back in and get a new one to hold this way buying more time for making a decision.

As my mother was fond of saying "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Travelocity tickets now charging +$10.00 service fee. Used to pay $5.00 which was tolerable but now I will definitely try to book direct. They must know that they will lose some folks over this.

OP Offline
You're right, tincup...don't know how long people will put up with paying extra when they can book direct! And ScubaLdy, I'll be checking out that "Hold" option you mentioned because I don't recall seeing that feature on aa.com, though it sure would come in handy! Thanks to all for the tips.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
S
S
Yes,AA.com has the hold option,but not until you type in all the info needed to purchase tickets

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
S
S
By law, US airlines must either allow one to hold the ticket with the price intact for 24 hours, or fully refund within 24 hours...AA chose the former...AA will also do a rollover in price for an international fare( BZE is not international by their rules) if a cheaper one in the same class becomes available prior to flight.

I bet that "rollover" will cost you a change fee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.