Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Tim, please describe all National Pepsi week festivities in full and explicit detail. Also, can you tell me whether tickets are required and if so where same may be purchased. Thank you in advance for your customary helpfulness. :p

Rykat, I doubt very much that Brielle NJ qualifies as "REDNECK LAND" confused Right Captain Jeff?

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for your help guys. lol. Pepsi week... smile

brielle redneck land think not .but Rykats home turf might be??? but the strange thing is I agree on most of what he says!!!!and can relate .

Living The Dream Every Day!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
nah, Brielle ain't exactly in redneck land but there is a bit of a Mason/Dixon line in NJ runs east to west through Ocean County, cosmo to the north and redneckish to the south. Pine Barrens? probably more redneck (was) than many parts of GA with quite a few backyard hooch cookers still workin'!, stills that is, and not illegal! laugh eek laugh

C
OP Offline
C
Funny this conversation went to rednecks... I'm in mid missouri... I know that of which you speak. I'm a transplanted California girl tho'and claim no redneckness. smile

Rykat, agree that pine barrens there are some rednecks I call them "pineys".

L
L
Cokelush - I just looked at your website. I am from the same area!! Small world.

Pineys
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Pineys" or Piney, is a derogatory term and refers to inhabitants of the New Jersey Pine Barrens. The Pine Barrens have sandy soil and are unsuitable for farming. The area is inhospitable and those that lived there were considered to be the dregs of society, fugitives, poachers, moonshiners, run away slaves or deserting soldiers. Often poor, Pineys were forced to make a living in any way possible. Some of the Pineys included notorious bandits known as Pine Robbers. Pineys were further demonized after two eugenics studies at the turn of the century depicted them as congenital idiots and criminals. Pineys often fostered stories of how terrible the Pine Barrens are or how violent they were in order to discourage outsiders and law enforcement from entering the Barrens. The Jersey Devil stories often had this effect. Today, Pineys tend to wear the label as a badge of honor. Much like "redneck" has become in the mountains or south.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineys"

I grew up in Freehold...

Mobunny, I live about 15 minutes east of freehold, Near shark river (No pineys here).

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.