Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Debbie:
What a surprise! When I was a small one, if I found a snake I would bring it in to my mother and ask if I could keep then.Scare the hell out of her! (She hated snakes) And I also use to keep all the garden snakes I could find in jars.
My how we change when we grow up! Would not pick one up unless it was REAL DEAD!
Hope you all got lots of fattening Candy!
Marvel

Marvel,
I was "on my own" on this one. No neighbors home, hubby out of town, boys just got on the bus..... I panicked. I finally ran around to the front of the housse and opened the front door and screen. Then got a HUGE box out of the garage. Since the critter was in the hallway, I put the box down and pushed it down the hall and pushed him out the front door. Then SLAMMED it and shook for an hour. I've never liked snakes. Not even the cute little grass snakes.... My boys reaction???? Big deal..... No sympathy there. But my Valentines Day was nice. Steak and lobster dinner with hubby. [Linked Image]
Debbie

S
S
Hey Debbie, regarding the snakes you can also use kitchen tongs. I can't even touch them with rubber gloves on so therefore tongs, they work really well. My daughters and I have had to resort to this several times as I have a certain siamese cat that likes to hunt for snakes and then bring them in the house through her kitty door which we so lovingly put in for their convenience. She is always so proud of herself for bringing us these "gifts".

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i used a dustpan & brush. what is it about cats & snakes??? once last year my cat got a toad. she tried to get it in her mouth, and when she did, she spit it out sooo fast. then she foamed at the mouth for like 30 minutes, i thought she was going to die!! i got her fresh water, and she was ok. i don't think she'll be catching toads this year!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.