Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#137421 07/18/01 04:46 PM
Timing is Everything!
Tammy: Now I am so sorry that I didn't MAKE time to see you when I was there last month. Like so many things in life, we expect they will always be there -- next time. Just yesterday I sent you an e-mail about the underwater pictures. A day late and dollar short -- again.
Your sunrise pictures tell the story about how quickly the sunrise disappears in the morning. That "magic moment of light" is exactly that -- a moment. Thank you for attaching the times so everyone can see how fast it moves. I love 5:38 AM -- very spiritual.
For those of you who want to take pictures like this you have to plan ahead. Each evening I would decide what I wanted to take a picture of, where I needed to stand, what settings I needed on the camera, etc., and would be there at least 15 minutes before DAWN. I could get two shots a day. I have one panorama right here in front of me taken a year after Mitch showing a twisted long dock running across the foreground at an angle with the far end at the point of light from the sun. Magic! Sunrise pictures are so much softer than sunset pictures.
Tammy: Good Luck to you where ever you go.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#137422 07/18/01 07:32 PM
My DEAR friend!! It just AIN"T gonna be the same!!! I send you angels, blessings plentiful, peacefulness, friendship, and the wonderful mastery of happiness, for TRULY it is a choice...one that i know you will always choose! I'll probably walk by your apt. ONE MORE TIME looking for my scissors LOL We had MANY a good time sitting right in there! But NEVER say good-bye....hasta la vista baby!! Talk w/you on IM....we'll have a few beer's together one night!! WE LOVE YOU!!! CHEER"S TO YA!!! Keep reaching for the star's and THANK YOU from our hearts for EVERYTHING you did and keep doing for us!!! C&R PS. now you will HAVE to come and visit us!!!!

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 07-18-2001).]

#137423 07/19/01 10:12 AM
OP Offline
Cheri,

I hope that you and Rick realize your dream on Ambergris Caye. I know you want it so bad you can taste it. When that happens....there is nothing you can do except go for it and see how things turn out. If you don't....you will always wonder.....what if?

Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't...but at least you tried and don't have to wonder anymore. Right?

This island is tuff to live on sometimes. The most important thing is not to close all your doors in the states....have a back-up plan. After you've been here for a while....you will know when to close those doors if need be.

It is a daily challenge to come up with new ways to overcome all the little things that go with island living. Roads, water, power, communication, permits, transportation, finding stuff you want, high cost of food....the list goes on and on.

I like to think of it as a long term camping trip in the most beautiful campground in the world. So you better like camping a lot.....LOL

I like camping....LOL....just don't want to do it for a lifetime I think. I'd rather come down here and enjoy the hell out of it....then go back to reality and go shopping at Pier 1....LOL

It is all the little comforts and conveniences that you have in the states that keeps a lot of people from making that committment to move here. It's tuff to give up. [Linked Image]

I know you and Rick will get here...I'm sure of it. And I'll be thinking of you two while I'm shopping for flowers and wallpaper at Home Depot. LOL And eating my Arby's beef and cheddar for lunch.....LOL

Well....I better scoot....still got a lot of last minute stuff to do. Amazing how must stuff you accumilate in a small amount of time.

Cheers!
Tammy

#137424 07/19/01 10:36 AM
D
D
Tammy,
Just wanted to add my personal good-bye to you and wish you well. I truly believe anyones life you touched on the island will never forget you or what you shared with them. The Sun will shine where-ever you go. My best to you gal...................
Delila

#137425 07/19/01 10:43 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Delila,
When you visit again......please remember to send me back one of those monster Barracudas you like to catch!....LOL

[Linked Image]

#137426 07/19/01 10:52 AM
D
D
Tammy,
Oh yes, Will do ....... maybe we can share another or maybe pacific salmon sometime soon.....
Delila

#137427 07/19/01 11:33 AM
Tammy
You were such a valuable resource while you lived on A/C. I hope you don't stop now. I appreciate your sharing what the little things that drives one crazy are. Hopefully you will continue to do that.
You have made such good friends I hope you have plans to return occasionally.
I have to wonder how much had to do with age and the need to be able to make a living?
I agree with the statement about keeping a foothold in the states.
Maybe, in a few months you will be settled in and feel more like sharing.
You do have talents that are valuable where ever you go.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#137428 07/19/01 12:41 PM
OP Offline
LOL....Harriette!!!....are you saying I'm OLD??? [Linked Image]

I'm only 41 you know....just a spring chicken...LOL

As far as making a living...that's always a big plus where ever you go. If you're resourceful enough....you can make a living here. You may eat a lot of beans and rice sometimes....LOL..and sleep on the pier with Paisano...but you won't starve...LOL [Linked Image]

As far as sharing...well...somethings I like to keep to myself. Can't always bare all you know.

I will continue on the message board...gotta keep tabs on what's going on.

Enquiring minds wanna know! [Linked Image]

#137429 07/19/01 12:56 PM
Geeze Tammy, Best of luck to you in the states! If ya ever get out this way there are several people who would love ta meet ya! Including myself lol (although we are all crazy, must be the altitude) since just a few minutes really doesn't do it...
I know the REAL reason your comming home...
it's that "Bath and Body" store right!?! LOL
Again... Best of luck and take care!
You were my inspiration to get on this here board... don't know if I should say thanks, or THANKS A LOT %^&^$$$#!@~... laugh.
Sincerely,
Hope

#137430 07/19/01 01:00 PM
OP Offline
LOL.....*giggling*

Yep...your right....it is the Bath & Body Works. Lord knows my body needs a lot of work.....LOL [Linked Image]

You know they actually have one of those stores in the airport in New Orleans....LOL
Must be the last chance one before you leave the country....LOL

If I ever get up your way...I will look ya up. And thanks again! [Linked Image]
Muchas Gracias!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.